OT: Anything Goes 41

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I have been experimenting with smoked cream cheese on my pellet grill, and my goodness this is incredible stuff. Put a glaze on it for the first time.. the cherry apple habanero glaze is just unbelievably good.

IMG_6238.jpeg

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Off to Vegas for Pearl Jam tomorrow. It is a nice 'full circle' as I first saw them at CY Stevens Theater in Ames, Iowa in 1991. They were the warm up band for Smashing Pumpkins on their Gish album and then, Red Hot Chili Peppers as the main on Blood Sugar Sex Magic tour. What a show THAT was! Have seen PJ pretty much every tour since then too.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
First day of my son's first summer break from school.

Not goint to lie, being a parent and having to work with a kid no longer in school and yet still having to go to work myself is a tad worrisome.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
First day of my son's first summer break from school.

Not goint to lie, being a parent and having to work with a kid no longer in school and yet still having to go to work myself is a tad worrisome.

My parents sent me to a soccer day camp, where I'm pretty sure the entire first week was 5 hours a day of line-test runs. At least that's all I remember when I consult my therapist.

After that, I asked to go away to [any] boarding camp, and the one they sent me to, with some native American name, on a lake, was awesome. Lots of activities, lots of downtime. I was home sick for like 5 hours then forgot about home until I was upset I had to go home.

TL;DR version: Send your kid to a sleepover camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad