OT: Anything Goes 41

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'm a little too young to have watched his football days.

But he was funny in Naked Gun 2 and a half.

"You sure know your boxing"

"Wellll, all I know is never bet on the white guy"

O.J nods lol.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
If you have a clear view of the western horizontal dusk (and away from the city to a darker sky) there is a comet that looks good in binocs. It sets at 8:44 so around 8pm-8:15 is best time. It is between Airies and the moon/Jupiter.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Even without a sense a taste, I like being back reliably in sun tea season. I’m churning through a 64 ounce mason jar’s worth of the stuff every few days.

• Love
Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Brace yourself! Its almost that time

Weeks away from Brood XIII emerging in Northern Illinois/Indiana and Brood XIX will be emerging in Southern Illinois soon

c8fc39b273ca2a3e79646590d01789f7

And if you're in parts of Central Illinois you could be hit with rare double Cicada brood event as they will overlap in several counties

While annual cicadas emerge every midsummer in Illinois, this year will feature a once-in-several-lifetimes event when two particular broods of periodical cicadas will start appearing together — as early as May. Periodical cicadas emerge in 17- and 13-year cycles, and these two groups — Brood XIII and Brood XIX — appear at the same time only once every 221 years. And they only occur adjacently in one area: a handful of counties in east-central Illinois.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Brace yourself! Its almost that time

Weeks away from Brood XIII emerging in Northern Illinois/Indiana and Brood XIX will be emerging in Southern Illinois soon

c8fc39b273ca2a3e79646590d01789f7

And if you're in parts of Central Illinois you could be hit with rare double Cicada brood event as they will overlap in several counties

Already started to notice some holes under my mom's trees and in her garden areas this past weekend when I was over there. So seems some have already started to emerge, just not the main wave.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Local politicians need to realize/start caring that clips like this become viral and deter people from coming to the city and spending their money.

Where are these kid’s parents??? Running around like animals there’s no accountability.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Local politicians need to realize/start caring that clips like this become viral and deter people from coming to the city and spending their money.

Where are these kid’s parents??? Running around like animals there’s no accountability.
I won't come this summer. Mainly because it is a city that seems to enjoy crime and chaos. Like some other cities of the same ilk.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I won't come this summer. Mainly because it is a city that seems to enjoy crime and chaos. Like some other cities of the same ilk.
Chicago is not as bad as the media narrative portrays it to be. You should come up here and enjoy the great bars, restaurants, museums, and activities the city has to offer. Especially in the summer, Chicago is one of the best cities in the country.

I recently went to San Francisco and thought I'd be stepping over homeless junkies and used needles all the time based on what I've heard. Instead I found myself in a gorgeous city with so much to offer. If i could afford to live there I would love to, it was an amazing place. There were of course some bad areas and specifically in Mission is where we saw the worst, but otherwise we had a great time.

Big cities are going to have big city crime. It's inevitable and a fact of life. I think the country is riding that pendulum swing of the post George Floyd and "Defund the Police" attitude with many big city politicians but things will swing back the other way soon enough. It's just very disappointing to see all those kids running around and our mayor's response is "demonizing kids is wrong".

1) That behavior from them is wrong and unacceptable. There are things that just shouldn't be tolerated when we're living in a society together. Corrections need to be made.

2) It reinforces an inaccurate narrative to apprehensive suburbanites who think they need a bullet-proof vest to come visit Chicago.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Chicago is not as bad as the media narrative portrays it to be. You should come up here and enjoy the great bars, restaurants, museums, and activities the city has to offer. Especially in the summer, Chicago is one of the best cities in the country.

I recently went to San Francisco and thought I'd be stepping over homeless junkies and used needles all the time based on what I've heard. Instead I found myself in a gorgeous city with so much to offer. If i could afford to live there I would love to, it was an amazing place. There were of course some bad areas and specifically in Mission is where we saw the worst, but otherwise we had a great time.

Big cities are going to have big city crime. It's inevitable and a fact of life. I think the country is riding that pendulum swing of the post George Floyd and "Defund the Police" attitude with many big city politicians but things will swing back the other way soon enough. It's just very disappointing to see all those kids running around and our mayor's response is "demonizing kids is wrong".

1) That behavior from them is wrong and unacceptable. There are things that just shouldn't be tolerated when we're living in a society together. Corrections need to be made.

2) It reinforces an inaccurate narrative to apprehensive suburbanites who think they need a bullet-proof vest to come visit Chicago.
Fox News has really done a great job destroying people's perception of big cities. I've travelled to a bunch of these crime-ridden hellholes over the last few years (including Detroit), and my experiences have been great. It's all f***ing bullshit meant to feed into the culture war nonsense, and keep people terrified of leaving their house (and it's obviously working). People love to hark back on the good old days, but crime in the big cities was much, much worse as recently as 10-20 years ago...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Fox News has really done a great job destroying people's perception of big cities. I've travelled to a bunch of these crime-ridden hellholes over the last few years (including Detroit), and my experiences have been great. It's all f***ing bullshit meant to feed into the culture war nonsense, and keep people terrified of leaving their house (and it's obviously working). People love to hark back on the good old days, but crime in the big cities was much, much worse as recently as 10-20 years ago...
Lots of people missing common sense in their lives. Need to be told how to live and not actually live themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad