OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not really. If you're flipping your steak more than once then you're probably doing something wrong. Cooked wagyu a bunch of times over the last year on my Weber 2-burner and it's basically just med-high heat for 7-8 minutes on each side (depending on the size and desired temp).

Cooking steak in a bag sounds a little gross though
Not talking about gas grills.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not really. If you're flipping your steak more than once then you're probably doing something wrong. Cooked wagyu a bunch of times over the last year on my Weber 2-burner and it's basically just med-high heat for 7-8 minutes on each side (depending on the size and desired temp).

Cooking steak in a bag sounds a little gross though

gas grill lol

come on

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Grilling talk is as good of a reason to make it a new topic, so spinned this over from here:

OT: - Anything Goes 38

And charcoal is clearly better, but it's hard to downplay the convenience of propane. Still nursing an eye injury that precludes me from being near smoke, but I'm going to eye patch it up in the spring ad I've been pushing off grilling for way too long.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
What you guys use as a grill/smoker these days?

Need to buy a new one. Kind of want an egg, but I get 40% off if I buy directly from Traeger so that’s a little tempting.

Propane not even worth a consideration.
I have an egg but still use my Weber kettle from time to time. Wife got me a Blackstone for Christmas, definitely worth for different things

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What you guys use as a grill/smoker these days?

Need to buy a new one. Kind of want an egg, but I get 40% off if I buy directly from Traeger so that’s a little tempting.

Propane not even worth a consideration.

Weber 22" Kettle and I have an MES 40 for smoking. Yeah, yeah. Electric smokers are cheating. I couldn't care less. I don't have the time to babysit a smoker for 20 hours when I smoke a big brisket. Hell, I've had them take almost 24 hours.

I set the temp and pop my A-MAZE-EN AMNPS in there full of wood pellets, and go about my business. I started smoking on my Weber, upgraded to an actual charcoal smoker, and now use the electric. I would never go back to babysitting a charcoal smoker. I just don't have the time. I can start a brisket at 6-7 PM, go to hockey, sleep, work, go to more hockey, and then come back to a finished brisket. There's no replacing that convenience.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Not talking about gas grills.

gas grill lol

come on

200w.gif

Enjoy watching your meat for 12+ hours

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
200w.gif

Enjoy watching your meat for 12+ hours

Lol. All I said was that we weren't talking about gas grills, because we weren't. I own a Weber gas grill, and use it pretty regularly for different stuff.

And yes, like my bro said, steaks don't take 12 hours to cook. :laugh:

You wanna eat that brisket or pulled pork, right? You like that kind of BBQ? Someone has to watch all that meat for 8+ hours. Don't hate. ;)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just put together a new 22 inch WSM and fired her up nice and hot for a test run. Can't wait to use it. Now I need to thaw a pork shoulder. The family is complete.

Attachments

• 20210303_143236.jpg
    20210303_143236.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 5

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I probably should have just said sausages in general but brats are at the top of my list on the grill.

Hey, to each his own. For whatever reason, I've never been a big fan. I'll eat them. I think they're solid. I just prefer the flavors of hot Italian and Polish sausage. Brats are my 3rd, and maybe even 4th behind a good all beef hot dog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Rothstein

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Embarrassing to admit as a 31-year old but I didn’t realize how much you actually end up paying when financing a car. Wife and I bought a used car last week or so.

The car cost around $21.5k. With financing and only making the minimum payments we’re going to end up paying an extra $8.5K. WOW. Definitely know where our stimulus checks and tax returns are going this year...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Embarrassing to admit as a 31-year old but I didn’t realize how much you actually end up paying when financing a car. Wife and I bought a used car last week or so.

The car cost around $21.5k. With financing and only making the minimum payments we’re going to end up paying an extra $8.5K. WOW. Definitely know where our stimulus checks and tax returns are going this year...

Bad credit?

What kind of rate did you get? I would think on a moderately priced use car like that and decent credit you could have gotten A LOT better of a rate than you did.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bad credit?

What kind of rate did you get? I would think on a moderately priced use car like that and decent credit you could have gotten A LOT better of a rate than you did.

702. Not proud of it. I raised it up from 640 though when the pandemic started. I’m more shocked about how dumb it is to only make the minimum payments tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig