Anything Goes 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
All of mine have been from the same source and are lab created. So experience every single time.

Mine all come from a legal dispensary, and are lab-created, and lab-tested. :thumbu: They have all kinds of info tagged on them like food from the store. Lab names, batch numbers, ingredients, grow company, etc.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
All of mine have been from the same source and are lab created. So experience every single time.

so are mine. Previous to Illinois I just got them form Denver and LA dispensaries but they would often change brands. I prefer the CBD/THC 50/50 balance. It’s a very different feel from smoking and I have had different experiences on the same dosage. It could be due to inconsistencies with their product or my metabolic rate.

Let’s be honest when we say lab tested, we are taking their word for it. Nobody is actually verifying this stuff

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
so are mine. Previous to Illinois I just got them form Denver and LA dispensaries but they would often change brands. I prefer the CBD/THC 50/50 balance. It’s a very different feel from smoking and I have had different experiences on the same dosage. It could be due to inconsistencies with their product or my metabolic rate.

Let’s be honest when we say lab tested, we are taking their word for it. Nobody is actually verifying this stuff

This is conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat type of stuff. People are verifying it just like people verify the food you buy at the store is safe for consumption. This is a multi-billion dollar industry, not some backyard grow operation with corner dealers.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

You ever go to Vegas? If so go to Deep Roots Harvest dispensary, preferably the location in Mesquite if time allows. These guys are mostly certainly testing their product, and it's far from home back alley type of setup. The setup is actually quite impressive.

Here is a picture of their lobby area.

deep-roots-harvest-hero.jpg

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You ever go to Vegas? If so go to Deep Roots Harvest dispensary, preferably the location in Mesquite if time allows. These guys are mostly certainly testing their product, and it's far from home back alley type of setup. The setup is actually quite impressive.

Exactly. Like I said, this is a multi-billion dollar industry, not some hillbilly grow operation.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
This is conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat type of stuff. People are verifying it just like people verify the food you buy at the store is safe for consumption. This is a multi-billion dollar industry, not some backyard grow operation with corner dealers.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's fact, who is testing the actual amounts of what is in there. There is a doc floating (Netflix) around on this, they did random tests and they are all over the place. The FDA is not involved at all, doesn't matter because they don't do much either way.

The only entity doing any verification is the company selling you the product, the dispensaries don't even test it which is why you can get an inconsistent product. It's not a good thing to have the companies producing product also verifying the contents of them. This is really any different than the vitamin market, etc. Those companies in order to build a brand, you would think they want to be consistent though.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

I have an immediate family member that makes a lot of money in the marijuana industry (legal) and I can absolutely guarantee that if your getting it from a dispensery, it is 100% lab tested. Their regulations are extremely strict.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

What the f*** does the lobby have to do with the product? The one in Joliet looks great as well! You guys need to do your own research, where the products come from and most importantly who checks what is in them.

The answer is simple, nobody does!!! . There is absolutely no regulation on this. Edibles come from the throw away from flower, cooked and then put in to gummy form. It's not always a consistent process. You need to see some of the places that make the stuff, it's not always some state of the art lab.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I have an immediate family member that makes a lot of money in the marijuana industry (legal) and I can absolutely guarantee that if your getting it from a dispensery, it is 100% lab tested. Their regulations are extremely strict.

Do your research, you would be incorrect? What lab? They are not regulated by the FDA, it's a state by state process, check your regs by State and get back to me.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
What the f*** does the lobby have to do with the product? The one in Joliet looks great as well! You guys need to do your own research, where the products come from and most importantly who checks what is in them.

The answer is simple, nobody does!!! . There is absolutely no regulation on this. Edibles come from the throw away from flower, cooked and then put in to gummy form. It's not always a consistent process. You need to see some of the places that make the stuff, it's not always some state of the art lab.
Edibles are a mixed bag to begin with because they effect everyone differently. That’s why they reccomend an extremely small dosage your first time. You’d be shocked how precise the measurements are though

Im an avid smoker and I don’t like edibles at all. They make me feel anxious.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's not a conspiracy theory, it's fact, who is testing the actual amounts of what is in there. There is a doc floating (Netflix) around on this, they did random tests and they are all over the place. The FDA is not involved at all, doesn't matter because they don't do much either way.

The only entity doing any verification is the company selling you the product, the dispensaries don't even test it which is why you can get an inconsistent product. It's not a good thing to have the companies producing product also verifying the contents of them. This is really any different than the vitamin market, etc. Those companies in order to build a brand, you would think they want to be consistent though.

None of this is fact... it's just conjecture on your part. So... there's a Netflix documentary huh? Damn... gotta take that as gospel. Just like the news, the tabloids, the paper, the FDA, the IRS, and everything else under the sun... Product is inconsistent because every strain, plant, grow, and process is different... no different than anything else. Just like corn from 4 different farms will taste different... weed from 4 different farms will ALSO taste different, and have different potency, different texture, different density, etc. Climate, indoors, outdoors, different soils, lighting, and God knows how many other things come into play.

The FDA may not be fully regulating it, but this all started as medical product, and as such, has been strictly self-policed by the industry. There are thousands of doctors and scientists involved in it. In Washington state, an agency was started to self-police the labs over 4 years ago, already.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
None of this is fact... it's just conjecture on your part. So... there's a Netflix documentary huh? Damn... gotta take that as gospel. Just like the news, the tabloids, the paper, the FDA, the IRS, and everything else under the sun... Product is inconsistent because every strain, plant, grow, and process is different... no different than anything else. Just like corn from 4 different farms will taste different... weed from 4 different farms will ALSO taste different. Climate, indoors, outdoors, different soils, and God knows how many other things will come into play.

The FDA may not be involved, but this all started as medical product, and as such, has been strictly self-policed by the industry. There are thousands of doctors and scientists involved in it.

No, it didn't start as a medial product, it was banned drug, then medical product and now approved for recreational use. My point being back to edibles, they are not tested by anyone else other than the company producing it. They have no reason to. Some of the "labs" I saw that produce this stuff is questionable. I'm still waiting for the checks and balances here.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Edibles are a mixed bag to begin with because they effect everyone differently. That’s why they reccomend an extremely small dosage your first time. You’d be shocked how precise the measurements are though

Im an avid smoker and I don’t like edibles at all. They make me feel anxious.

True, that's a good point. They can impact you differently depending on what you ate, caffeine, etc. This discussion goes into the consistency of them ,for instance, if I have a 10mg gummy is it actually 10mg. If I split it is it 5mg at that point is it not evenly distributed. The tests that were performed found THC content all over the place, the variation increased with chocolate as there are issues testing it that with THC.

So Cali, if they get consumer complaints they get involved, there are numerous stories out there were what was on the label was drastically different than the product. That's the issue you have.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No, it didn't start as a medial product, it was banned drug, then medical product and now approved for recreational use. My point being back to edibles, they are not tested by anyone else other than the company producing it. They have no reason to. Some of the "labs" I saw that produce this stuff is questionable. I'm still waiting for the checks and balances here.

:laugh:

I'm talking about the legal marijuana industry... not the history of marijuana.

Speaking of doing research, you probably need to do more.

Marijuana didn't become an illegal substance until 1937. So it didn't start as a "banned drug".

I'm not going to get into this more, honestly. It's not worth my time to argue with someone who cites a Netflix documentary as fact/evidence of something.

That, and I'm at work, so I'm not going to sit here and pull up a bunch of links providing you with more information.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
:laugh:

I'm talking about the legal marijuana industry... not the history of marijuana.

Speaking of doing research, you probably need to do more.

Marijuana didn't become an illegal substance until 1937. So it didn't start as a "banned drug".

okay, before humans ... I mean c'mon. It's clear that you still have no clue what the hell you're talking about. You want it to be true, nice shiny packaging and product it must be okay. It probably is. You have yet to respond with how any of these states verify the contents of the product. That's the discussion here. Facts: Many brands of edibles have consistency issues. Fact: Who is checking this? The company producing the product should not be the only one. I can't find one thing in Illinois law that the State is verifying any of this product. That does bother me a bit with these shortages.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
True, that's a good point. They can impact you differently depending on what you ate, caffeine, etc. This discussion goes into the consistency of them ,for instance, if I have a 10mg gummy is it actually 10mg. If I split it is it 5mg at that point is it not evenly distributed. The tests that were performed found THC content all over the place, the variation increased with chocolate as there are issues testing it that with THC.

So Cali, if they get consumer complaints they get involved, there are numerous stories out there were what was on the label was drastically different than the product. That's the issue you have.

That's because anything related to food is not an exact science, especially when you're talking about adding something to something else.

I make homemade Italian sausage. I put the same amount of ingredients in every batch of 100lbs or 200lbs or whatever I make. Is every sausage link going to taste exactly the same? Is every sausage link going to have the exact same amount of red pepper in it, and fennel, and salt? :shakehead This is common sense shit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
okay, before humans ... I mean c'mon. It's clear that you still have no clue what the hell you're talking about. You want it to be true, nice shiny packaging and product it must be okay. It probably is. You have yet to respond with how any of these states verify the contents of the product. That's the discussion here. Facts: Many brands of edibles have consistency issues. Fact: Who is checking this? The company producing the product should not be the only one. I can't find one thing in Illinois law that the State is verifying any of this product. That does bother me a bit with these shortages.

Did you just say "before humans" when referring to 1937? Are you f***ing stoned right now?

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about? :laugh: Yeah... I don't think I'm the one with that issue here.

I did respond, actually. Go back a few posts where I told you how Washington state established an organization specifically to self-police their labs over 4 years ago... Again, I'm at work, so I'm not going to run all over the web to find you proof of something just because you're f***ing clueless, and too lazy to do the research yourself.

And I love how you take a state that established their legalized recreational use 3 months ago, and their medical use just 6 or 7 years ago, and try to use that as the basis of your argument. :laugh:

Go look at Washington state, or Colorado. Ever hear of the NCIA? What about the CCIA?

There are organizations all over that help, and will continue to help, in the regulation of the industry and standardization of things related to it.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
That's because anything related to food is not an exact science, especially when you're talking about adding something to something else.

I make homemade Italian sausage. I put the same amount of ingredients in every batch of 100lbs or 200lbs or whatever I make. Is every sausage link going to taste exactly the same? Is every sausage link going to have the exact same amount of red pepper in it, and fennel, and salt? :shakehead This is common sense shit.

mmm but we are talking about a drug still so we kind of have to know. You can't be like this alcohol is 20% proof but it's actually 200%. So in these cases where people thought that had 5mg but it's actually 15mg that's bad. It's typically a panic reaction and they end up in the ER. Tachycardia, etc.

I've already said I'm a fan of edibles. I encourage you guys to do some research on brands you like, etc. It's not as legit as everything seems.

You're missing the boat is assuming edibles are regulated like every other food you see packaged or alcohol and currently they are not. Not even close.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
mmm but we are talking about a drug still so we kind of have to know. You can't be like this alcohol is 20% proof but it's actually 200%. So in these cases where people thought that had 5mg but it's actually 15mg that's bad. It's typically a panic reaction and they end up in the ER. Tachycardia, etc.

I've already said I'm a fan of edibles. I encourage you guys to do some research on brands you like, etc. It's not as legit as everything seems.

You're missing the boat is assuming edibles are regulated like every other food you see packaged or alcohol and currently they are not. Not even close.

Do you have proof?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Did you just say "before humans" when referring to 1937? Are you f***ing stoned right now?

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about? :laugh: Yeah... I don't think I'm the one with that issue here.

I did respond, actually. Go back a few posts where I told you how Washington state established an organization specifically to self-police their labs over 4 years ago... Again, I'm at work, so I'm not going to run all over the web to find you proof of something just because you're f***ing clueless and too lazy to do the research yourself.

And I love how you take a state that established their legalized recreational use 3 months ago, and their medical use just 6 or 7 years ago, and try to use that as the basis of your argument.

Go look at Washington state, or Colorado. Ever hear of the NCIA? What about the CCIA?

There are organizations all over that help in the regulation of the industry and standardization of things.

It's just not about this State but most of us live here so it's a good discussion, no? They also had issues in Cali.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Where did I ever say that? :huh:

What you're missing the boat on, is that this is a self-policing industry, currently. One that will obviously have some flaws, but is starting to establish checks and balances, regulations, standardization, etc. This industry is in its infancy in this country, and just like anything, there will be bugs and flaws to work out.

The fact that you think it's some wild west, free-for-all, though, says you need to do far more research on the topic. It's not even remotely close to that. Growers are monitored and licensed, product is inspected, farms are inspected, labs are starting to be inspected by organizations overseeing them as a whole, and things are moving in the right direction. Most places you can trace every single bud back to the farm it was grown on, and the plant it was grown on, and the time of year it was grown, and harvested.

I'm still blown away by the "before humans" comment when I referenced 1937, despite marijuana only being a prohibited substance for 83 years, as opposed to the thousands of years of no prohibition. And yes... people have been around, and using marijuana, for thousands of years...

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Google is your friend, I'm at work too. lol Call the company you got your edibles form and ask if anyone independently verified the contents before it got to you.

Are you still buying on the black market or something? The way you talk about this stuff says you are, IMO. Pretty much anything legit will have a lab tag on it that lists all kinds of shit like the lab name, percentages of the different things in it, the date tested, the "pass" indications, the batch number, the grower, the expiration date, and all kinds of other info...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad