OT: Anything Goes 32: Topicality? What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
When I saw that, I assumed Salsa was the name of one of the Game of Thrones characters. I thought it was really strange, especially given it’s set in midieval times with English people but nonetheless accepted it as fact. Then I looked a page back and realized it was the food. Still in disbelief.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Well traditional foods I like would be things like Pizza , Hamburgers , etc

When it comes to Chicken I enjoy the boneless strips with regular chicken pieces I usually just eat the skin/fried outer portions

I love simple Lasagne and stuffed shells

When it comes to snacks chips , etc are fine and I also like to buy bell green peppers and just cut them open taking out seeds and then eating them for snack

Nothing better then having Coca Cola with a few green peppers

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

When it comes to Chicken I enjoy the boneless strips with regular chicken pieces I usually just eat the skin/fried outer portions

When it comes to snacks chips , etc are fine and I also like to buy bell green peppers and just cut them open taking out seeds and then eating them for snack

A Coke and raw green bell peppers?

Barney_70b530_813851.gif

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

You make lasagna again this thanksgiving?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A Coke and raw green bell peppers?

Barney_70b530_813851.gif

cutting-green-peppers-.jpg

+
coke-can-secret-safe.png

=
Wonderful

When I used to work in Homewood I would go to the farmers market every week in Thornton near quarry during summer and buy green peppers

Haven't gone that way for a while so not sure if they still hold it there every summer once a week

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'm with Illini, don't care about coffee. I drink the free stuff at work, we have a Keurig, and I have a $20 coffee pot and cheap grounds or when I work from home or want some on a weekend.

Yeah, love @Tame Impala but that’s the most millennial thing ever, getting a place with my girlfriend, time to buy a $900 coffee pot.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If you’re into coffee be into coffee. It’s all social bull**** that a young guy drops $900 on a coffee maker as opposed to a $900 dirt bike or whatever is any less goofy.

Just joking around, you should see my amazon bill. Just got grade A maple syrup from Canada just in case I get a taste for pancakes someday.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Refused to drink coffee UNTIL we had my son. Now I have 2 x 12oz servings a day. I see why it's the best part of waking up.

I can definitely see the allure of fancy ass coffee however cream and sugar is horrible, it ruins a delicious tasting black coffee. I have no idea why people put that shit in there.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Just joking around, you should see my amazon bill. Just got grade A maple syrup from Canada just in case I get a taste for pancakes someday.
oh man, Canadian Syrup ..... there was this one i had a friend send me some.... can not buy it in the US and it was fantastic .

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Refused to drink coffee UNTIL we had my son. Now I have 2 x 12oz servings a day. I see why it's the best part of waking up.

I can definitely see the allure of fancy ass coffee however cream and sugar is horrible, it ruins a delicious tasting black coffee. I have no idea why people put that **** in there.

With you on black coffee, totally think if you are a coffee person, you should get the awesome one if you want. Stuff like that makes you feel good.

One thing I would be remiss not to say is that I’ve underestimated the little bits of extra money I would spend living with a girlfriend and how they added up and to be more mindful of that than I was.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Flying to Vegas (I am going for work) always makes me laugh as everyone is so pumped and excited to go win big money...too bad I will see the same people on the flight home right after they lost their savings and hungover from 4 straight days of gambling and booze.

Vegas is fun but I am leaving today/scheduled to return Saturday and I am already trying to reschedule my flight home to Friday (I didn't book it).

I am excited to see the new tech at CES though.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Coffee should be drank black like a steak should be eaten medium rare. AINEC.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Coffee should be drank black like a steak should be eaten medium rare. AINEC.

Good coffee.

Garbage coffee needs something in it because it tastes like shit. Just because it tastes like shit doesn't mean you don't need the "fuel" still. :laugh: I'm adding some creamer to the diesel shwag shit I buy for my coffee maker every time.

I don't buy expensive coffee because we go through so much of it. Typically close to a pot a day or two days between me and my fiance. I prefer to drink shit coffee and spend my money on good alcohol and beer. :thumbu:

Speaking of steak... just had a WR's Chicago Cut from Gibson's on Tuesday, obviously medium-rare. We went for our anniversary. I really do think ribeye is my favorite cut. So much flavor from the great fat marbling in that cut. It's not for everyone, since I know a lot of people don't like the fat, but damn is it tasty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad