OT: Anything Goes 11: Coke>Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The CPU's way too quick to drop the gloves. Pretty annoying.

Besides that, not sure if I like it. Haven't played the series since NHL 11, so a lot of changes to get used to, but I'm sure that once I am I will enjoy it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Worked a ton the last couple weeks, hope I can keep rolling with it, love making some real money. I feel like a million bucks. I wish I could either work all the time at one job or have two jobs. It's just so hard to work out the hours with two jobs, pretty much impossible.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
got a great work schedule coming up:
tomorrow: 6am-2pm
sat:2pm-10pm
sun: 6am-3pm
mon:6am-1pm
tues:2pm-10pm
wed:6am-1pm
thurs: off
friday:6am-12pm, 3pm-10pm

:facepalm:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
got a great work schedule coming up:
tomorrow: 6am-2pm
sat:2pm-10pm
sun: 6am-3pm
mon:6am-1pm
tues:2pm-10pm
wed:6am-1pm
thurs: off
friday:6am-12pm, 3pm-10pm

:facepalm:

What the hell do you do that they jerk your hours around so much from day to day?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I've got three 16's, a 12 and I end with a 10 hour shift this week. #oneupped#thatguy#WHATAJERK

mo-money-o.gif

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Spoiler Alert

BB episode last night made up for the previous one. They killed Hank right away, that was the main thing I was looking for. Kind of suprised Walt Jr. flipped on his dad so quickly; they were so close. Nevertheless, interested to see where they go with it now. There's no turning back for Walt.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
On my way home from Charleston. Without a doubt my favorite non-Euro city I've ever been to. Actually looked at some places to work and dropped off the resume, and scouted out some potential places to move. Would LOVE to move there.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
BB episode last night made up for the previous one. They killed Hank right away, that was the main thing I was looking for. Kind of suprised Walt Jr. flipped on his dad so quickly; they were so close. Nevertheless, interested to see where they go with it now. There's no turning back for Walt.

So spoiler tags are not part of your repertoire apparently. Not that I care all that much since I don't watch the show, but still...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So spoiler tags are not part of your repertoire apparently. Not that I care all that much since I don't watch the show, but still...

Ok, I put it in. Anyone who didn't watch the episode and wanted to shouldn't be reading the Anything Goes thread but nevertheless...

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Ok, I put it in. Anyone who didn't watch the episode and wanted to shouldn't be reading the Anything Goes thread but nevertheless...

No, they shouldn't be reading the BB thread in the entertainment section.

Luckily, I don't read anything until I view the episode. BB is GOAT t.v. drama, doesn't matter what happens the final two for me. Some of those scenes were jaw dropping and not the ones that included a death.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
honestly, I think they ****ed up the entire series the past 2("1") season. Still good, but considering the pace of the show the first 5 seasons, too much is getting jammed into the final season. Its just not the methodical, well thought out show I grew accustomed to. Granted, that may be the point as walt slipped out of his controlled demeanor, maybe the point was the show would follow.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
honestly, I think they ****ed up the entire series the past 2("1") season. Still good, but considering the pace of the show the first 5 seasons, too much is getting jammed into the final season. Its just not the methodical, well thought out show I grew accustomed to. Granted, that may be the point as walt slipped out of his controlled demeanor, maybe the point was the show would follow.

**** hitting the fan wouldn't really fit the show if all this happened over 3 seasons.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Nah, holding off on that for at least a little while on account of how much GTA4 disappointed me.

I'll wait until I hear the actual consumer word of mouth before I go back to it rather than just trusting the hype like last time (though I don't have nearly as many warning alarms going off as I had with the previous one and just ignored out of fanboyism).

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Nah, holding off on that for at least a little while on account of how much GTA4 disappointed me.

I'll wait until I hear the actual consumer word of mouth before I go back to it rather than just trusting the hype like last time (though I don't have nearly as many warning alarms going off as I had with the previous one and just ignored out of fanboyism).

I've been watching the videos and reading about it, this is like 3 games rolled into one, it's gotta be awesome.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Having 2 small kids mean I can play GTA for like two hours a night after they go to bed.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

The 1st 8 were a build up to Hank knowing and Walt's empire. Probably could have less of that and Hank knowing sooner. They could have easily done another season but why string it out. Part of that is Gilligan doesn't script everything out. He admitted with the flash forward at the beginning of 5, they didn't know how they would get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad