Anyone understand German? (Drai interview)

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
GIVE US ALL YOUR TALENT POLAND OR ELSE!
uwttqbh9he9z.jpg

Reactions: CageRage

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
The hilarious thing is I knew his friends were mocking his cooking without understanding German. That gave me some material to work with.

jk aside too bad Leon doesn't know more about the city.

The German market he goes to would be KK on Whyte Avenue. But many more ethnic shops like the Italian Centers sell a lot of German products. He should try it out.

he really misses Cologne. He said when the team was there he just doesn't know what to do with his time in Edmonton, no history here. He should look into the natural history and maybe get out into the river valley here and see some nature. He seems pretty urban oriented. Too bad about his diet. (german weakness) but that doesn't start showing up on the waist until age 30 when it becomes a huge (excuse pun) problem. Hope he goes on the Ethan Bear diet by then..

Leon should hit up more Winter festivals and things to do in Edmonton. I saw Kassian at Glow festival. That's on every year. Also Flying Canoe festival, Deepfreeze, and Silver Skate festival going on right now. All beautiful things to see. Hotel Mac also had a huge Gingerbread house. The size of a small house.

lol that Leon said in NHL they don't train much at all during season.

Well he probably doesn't spend his summers here (similar to McDavid) so that's definitely a factor.

I mean he's essentially answering what do you do in Edmonton in the winter, and unfortunately the answer is "not much".

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It´s Leons house in Edmonton...it was after a hard practice cause they lost against the sharks the day before...in the Living room are his two best friends from Germany...they are visiting him.
At the beginning they are talking about his father and the cologne Sharks and some questions from german fans...he has been asked against which players ist hardest to play and he mentioned against smart players like eg Bergeron and which player he would trade for...they are also discussing what he is doing in EDM in his free time and how the practice is in the NHL and what he likes to eat and so on...Talking About his last Season with 100 pts and 50goals and that it was something Special...there was a question regarding the Flames and he skipped it :)
They are talking about his quirks and whims and so on.

I don't know how I never put together that Kölner Haie means Cologne Sharks. Hai = Haj in Swedish. Should've been obvious lol.

Reactions: BertMcDrai

mexicohockey

Sep 18, 2007
DF
Well he was 23 when he switched over to the German side.
Money talks and Poland did not have it lol
That‘s not exactly how the went. Klose was living in Germany since he was seven years old. Never played for any Polish team. At age 23 he establish himself in the Bundesliga and was asked by Polish Federation if he wanted to play for them internationally which he declined.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That‘s not exactly how the went. Klose was living in Germany since he was seven years old. Never played for any Polish team. At age 23 he establish himself in the Bundesliga and was asked by Polish Federation if he wanted to play for them internationally which he declined.
Yep. Not sure if people are getting the Klose and Podolski stories mixed up. Liked having both play for Germany in anycase but of course I'm partial to Klose. Loved seeing his finish around the net.

Reactions: Oilhawks

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Wow I guess you won't see the Draisaitl curve flying off store shelves anytime soon.

God damn I don't think I'd be able to lift the puck at all if I used that.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yep. Not sure if people are getting the Klose and Podolski stories mixed up. Liked having both play for Germany in anycase but of course I'm partial to Klose. Loved seeing his finish around the net.

I had his World Cup goals video on repeat to cheer me up after Germany went out in 2018.

Tallasar

Apr 11, 2018
Auckland
Just an fyi you said Thank son my friend. I think the word you're looking for is schon, also there is no e on the end of Freund so it would be mein Freund unless you want to make the word plural in which it would be meine Freundin. So it would be Danke schon mein Freund or Danke schon meine Freundin :thumbu:

when correct then it is "schoen" not "schon"!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I had his World Cup goals video on repeat to cheer me up after Germany went out in 2018.
Germany cheered me up plenty in 90, 2002, 2010, and 2014, all good WC performances. 2006, 2018 not great memories despite them even getting deep in the tournament in 2006, it was a disappointing end. I balance it out knowing that most people never see their homeland win the WC in their lifetime. I've been around for 3. (but wasn't following football yet in 1974)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Germany cheered me up plenty in 90, 2002, 2010, and 2014, all good WC performances. 2006, 2018 not great memories despite them even getting deep in the tournament in 2006, it was a disappointing end. I balance it out knowing that most people never see their homeland win the WC in their lifetime. I've been around for 3. (but wasn't following football yet in 1974)

Somehow I knew you'd show up in this thread. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This goal makes me smile for eternity. My namesake;

Not only a WC winning goal, but an OT goal and a spectacular goal at that on a brilliantly taken chance. They don't get better. Probably the most dramatic WC final goal in history.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Holland should have won in74.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Just an fyi you said Thank son my friend. I think the word you're looking for is schon, also there is no e on the end of Freund so it would be mein Freund unless you want to make the word plural in which it would be meine Freundin.

Plural is Freunde. Freundin is feminine.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Just an fyi you said Thank son my friend....So it would be Danke schon mein Freund or Danke schon meine Freundin :thumbu:

And you just said "thank already my girlfriend". :sarcasm:

To help all of HFOil with their German:
thank you (very much) = dankeschön (or, if you you don't have the "dots" on your keyboard, dankeschoen)
friends = freunden. "Freudin" is feminine and refers to a (female) friend or girlfriend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad