Anyone Still Believe Chiarelli Was The Problem?

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
After this wonderful fiasco of dumping Hamilton for picks, does anyone still believe Chiarelli was given the chance to run this team post Neely being named President?

Under Neely's reign we have now dumped Seguin, Boychuk and Hamilton for Loui + scraps as well as descended into cap hell without completing 1 worthwhile trade...

Welcome to Edmonton East..... :cry:

Richard Murray

Jun 25, 2007
Boston, MA
After this wonderful fiasco of dumping Hamilton for picks, does anyone still believe Chiarelli was given the chance to run this team post Neely being named President?

Under Neely's reign we have now dumped Seguin, Boychuk and Hamilton for Loui + scraps as well as descended into cap hell without completing 1 worthwhile trade...

Welcome to Edmonton East..... :cry:

Definitely a fair question. Chiarelli deserved to be fired. But whoever orchestrated this Hamilton deal doesn't understand the game of hockey.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I take blame away from Chia now and place it squarely on the back of Neely.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I said when they fired him I was afraid major changes were going to be made and send this team nose diving for a decade. Well even I never imagined they would trade a big piece of the future away. Even if they move up in the draft its going to put a young star defenseman a couple years behind which we don't have with the core. I guess at this point it is almost time to rip it up. Trade dk, lucic ,chara bergy but truth is I don't even think Don was thinking that when he traded Hamilton lol which is a sad funny. Ill say it again ill put my trust in claude and peter , you guys can trust neely and Jacobs and see where that gets you.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
I have to think Sweeny is stockpiling picks to make another big move. Boston gets a slightly better deal than if an offer sheet came in. I'm enjoying the reactions from everyone though, pretty entertaining stuff.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
I've consistently posted that Neely needs to be fired, and it's really obvious at this point.

The sad fact is that it won't make any difference now. Any GM you hire needs to tank for five years to get this team back on track.

ez42x10

Dec 6, 2005
Wistah Mass
epitomeofdog.com
I think you're ignoring the fact that Chia is (at least partially) responsible for putting us in this tough position in the first place. That said, I'm not filled with confidence right now with DS (and Cam's) plan to get us out of trouble.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It's ok to set up for another, but you still need more for Hamilton. Unbelievable. The third time this happens.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
I think you're ignoring the fact that Chia is (at least partially) responsible for putting us in this tough position in the first place. That said, I'm not filled with confidence right now with DS (and Cam's) plan to get us out of trouble.

you're off base if you're thinking of cap space.

you can be over by 10% until Day 1. That gives them an entire offseason to get compliant with Dougie's new cap hit

evermix*

Neely is the problem. Chia, got Bruins the Cup in 2011, and brought them back to the finals in 2013.

ez42x10

Dec 6, 2005
Wistah Mass
epitomeofdog.com
you're off base if you're thinking of cap space.

you can be over by 10% until Day 1. That gives them an entire offseason to get compliant with Dougie's new cap hit

Yes but you still have to do something to get out of cap hell. Like I said, I'm not convinced this is the right way to do it but we are in fact in cap hell and that's at least partially on Chia.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I knew sooner or later we would regret the Chiarelli firing. I really didn't think it would be this soon though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad