Anyone have any opinions or interest in David Carle as the next head coach?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He's turned down NHL assistant coaching jobs to stay at Denver in past years.

He said on Spittin' Chiclets he has absolutely no interest in being a coach in the NHL. He wants to stay in Denver.

What I found interesting in his interview is he's pretty high on Zeev Buium and Shai Buium.

My thoughts after hearing the interview is Yzerman might consider Zeev with his first pick if he's available.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
No more rookie coaches get someone established who knows how to do the job.
What about the "retreads" and the "old boys' club" arguments?

Personally, anything seems better than what we have.
Denver coach? Sure.

Anyone but Quinville

They did just put him look like that.

But Seider hasn't been regressing, more of developing to play the hardest moments. It was just the "deep end" approach.
Should have spent more time developing his pp skills. But I guess keeping Ghosts seat warm during that time was more crucial to the team's and Mo's future.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seider has had a fair share of PP time during the last 3 seasons.

15th most of all NHL defencemen.

1713529819723.png

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I don’t know how anyone can look at how bad we were at 5v5 this year and say we should keep lalonde. The metrics we had at 5v5 were horrible and propped up by an unsustainable shooting percentage. It’s likely we regress next year, could even seeing it by 10 points with some of the players we will lose. Then everybody will be calling for lalondes head when the writing on the wall was apparent the year before. Get ahead of the curve and do what obviously needs to be done, the teams system is just inexplicable sometimes and lacks complete cohesion. If you’re only looking at points and think lalonde should stay you’re missing the picture.

Seider has regressed under lalonde.
I hereby revoke your privilege to cal yourself a coach, at least in the hockey sense.

He is the leading skater with TOI and has, BY FAR, the TOUGHEST assignments in the NHL with the WEAKEST line support.

1713542773307.png

Having these assignments, with his support system, impacts his stats and your perception of his development. You see him flipping it out to center, or not stepping up, or allowing entry. He sees McDavid barreling in with Draisaitl and company night in and night out.

It was Red Wings vs. Lightning, January 21. By many eyewitness accounts, it was a Moritz Seider masterclass in shutdown defense. He went toe-to-toe with Nikita Kucherov for 86 percent of his ice time and lived to tell the tale, keeping the shot and goal count even.

That’s the job of a No. 1 shutdown defenseman and he aced it.

The simple stats may say to you, not doing well, but the more complicated stats show the daunting task of being the #1 D man on a bottom third team unable to make the post season for longer than we all care to say. His partner is Walman. Behind him is .... hhhmmmm. After Larkin and Luc has notable back checkers such as Kane, Cat and Sprong. Ville, no groin Husso and two journeyman beach ball stopping back ups.

Does he have more growing to do.... yep. Did he regress this season?????!!!!! ..... not even close. If you want him to have gaudy numbers move Chiarot to the top pairing and put Mo in his spot. They won't hit 80 points, but that is the type of coaching that will get Mo into the All-star game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad