Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7890.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Holtz is okay
1st is okay
Casey is a rhd which we do need, and really good…. But I don’t see a word where PV has zellweger and Casey on the same blue line.

Value is fine from Anaheim perspective but overall don’t think it’s something we’d do

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks for the in-depth analysis of suggested players to trade, and how this proposal fits the needs of all 3 teams. Really, I wasn't sure it was a fit, but your detailed proposal convinced me it could work.

/s

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Hotlz, 2024 1st and Casey don’t work for the preds in a vacuum

I think the value of Saros and Zegras with term are equivalent but Ana doesnt need a goalie, New Jersey does

Preds get a young top 6 fwd with rizz that they desperately need

Devils solve their goaltending woes

Anaheim loads up even more the rebuild and disposes of an asset they are most likely parting with anyways

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I had a three way for the first time last week. The other two didn't show up, but i still had a pretty good time.

anywho, does zegras have a ton of value at the moment? Hes obviously skilled, but i think teams arent going to bite on him given it will be a high asking price they dont want to pay

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
My suggestion to improve this:

To Nash: Zegras
To NJD: Saros
To Anaheim: Holtz, NJ 2024 1st, Nashville's 2nd rounder

Nashville can't be getting Zegras without giving up more than Saros, and having NJ give up 3 assets for a goalie doesn't make sense.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
My suggestion to improve this:

To Nash: Zegras
To NJD: Saros
To Anaheim: Holtz, NJ 2024 1st, Nashville's 2nd rounder

Nashville can't be getting Zegras without giving up more than Saros, and having NJ give up 3 assets for a goalie doesn't make sense.
Problem is Holtz isn't near the offensive player Zegras is, Devils 1st will probably be a mid 1st (at best, probably is even worse if they have Saros) and is more than likely a worse player than Zegras, same with the 2nd. Ducks need to improve their offense and already have too many young guys fighting for spots or down in San Diego with more coming in this year. Adding quantity isn't going to help the Ducks problem... essentially, Anaheim needs a top 6 forward (preferably RH shot) and a physical, defensive RD that can play top pair eventually. No point in trading Zegras for a bunch of lesser pieces that will have to compete with other prospects already in the pipeline. Holtz might be better than anyone the Ducks have not in the NHL (aside from Gauthier), but he's not an improvement on Zegras. Ducks would love to add him, but he's not the key piece in a Zegras trade. Think more like the Drysdale move with Zegras (maybe with a small +) for something the Ducks need more than him (better forward, potential top pair D).

Reactions: Rec T

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Problem is Holtz isn't near the offensive player Zegras is, Devils 1st will probably be a mid 1st (at best, probably is even worse if they have Saros) and is more than likely a worse player than Zegras, same with the 2nd. Ducks need to improve their offense and already have too many young guys fighting for spots or down in San Diego with more coming in this year. Adding quantity isn't going to help the Ducks problem... essentially, Anaheim needs a top 6 forward (preferably RH shot) and a physical, defensive RD that can play top pair eventually. No point in trading Zegras for a bunch of lesser pieces that will have to compete with other prospects already in the pipeline. Holtz might be better than anyone the Ducks have not in the NHL (aside from Gauthier), but he's not an improvement on Zegras. Ducks would love to add him, but he's not the key piece in a Zegras trade. Think more like the Drysdale move with Zegras (maybe with a small +) for something the Ducks need more than him (better forward, potential top pair D).
Yeah, I know. I was trying to tweak the original offer as little as possible, because I figure someone else will make a better offer for Zegras, and likely an offer built around one high-value asset...

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I know. I was trying to tweak the original offer as little as possible, because I figure someone else will make a better offer for Zegras, and likely an offer built around one high-value asset...
Oh ok, fair enough. Devils/Preds fans may also not know Ducks needs if they haven't read the other threads.

Reactions: pth2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad