Anybody else not really excited about this season?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Actually going into last season is when I was not really excited. This season is different because we have a new coach, a coach Ron Hextall chose and seems to heavily believe in. I don't expect this team to be all that great, probably a Wild card team at most, but I am pretty pumped up to see how different the team plays under new direction. Im pumped to see how a young guy like Scott Laughton does for a full 82 game schedule and watch him progress. Im excited to see Couturier get some more balanced zone starts and how he produces. Im excited for the inevitable callup of Ghost and then of course Im excited to see G and Jake because they're G and Jake and they're awesome players.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
First off I am a Ducks and Flyers fan, I grew up in DE. I am more excited about this year then last year. Last year I wanted to tank for McDavid. My expectations were pretty low last year. This year we get to see how the team will respond to Hakstol, which should defiantly rejuvenate some of the players. This is obviously a transition year, but I am looking forward to it.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I'm excited for certain players. Giroux and Voracek are always exciting. Couturier should be fun to watch. Medvedev is new and that will be interesting. Maybe Simmonds will finally hit 30 goals.

RJ8812*

We are more than likely going to miss the playoffs, but I'm excited to see some of our young guys develop.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Pumped as always. Watching how Couts played at WHC with no Berube was exciting and he will get 50 plus PTs this year.

We are a wildcard team this year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I just hope we don't start getting shelled in games and Hakstol reverts back to Couts being the defensive guy to try spend stop the bleeding.

In the end, for us to get that next level, getting 10-15 extra points from Couts AND having Laughton stepping up defensively will go a long way for our forwards

SgtJoseph*

I am always excited each and every October ! , Deer hunting, Autumn weather great for riding the Harley, College football , Great Bass fishing etc . But Hockey season tops it all , especially Flyers Hockey . You just never REALLY know how the season might turn out, a new player might excel, a goalie plays lights out hockey for long periods, a young Rookie turns a few heads, etc etc . I am looking forward to the season, and expecting our lads to play fast, disciplined, structured hockey under our new coach .
Drop the Puck !

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Same boat as you OP, really wasn't motivated to watch any offseason hockey events or preseason, only signed into this account like twice all summer too. Not really excited for this season, for the Flyers or hockey in general.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
I'm really excited to see what Hakstol can get out of the talent we have.

I understand that people are focused on the young talent in the system, but a the rift coach can make this a playoff team. Flyers aren't a contender in my mind, but if the system is right (and injuries aren't crazy) than I think they can surprise a lot of people.

jvr2128

Nov 18, 2010
not excited? you are a terrible person. hope your nuts get run over by a truck :yo::yo::yo::nod::nod::nod:

GO FLYERS

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm always excited for Flyers hockey, but my expectations for this year have not changed. I think they'll be around where they were last year, maybe slightly better.

As long as the games are more fun to watch, I'm happy for now... based on how I expect this team to perform.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm really excited to see what Hakstol can get out of the talent we have.

I understand that people are focused on the young talent in the system, but a the rift coach can make this a playoff team. Flyers aren't a contender in my mind, but if the system is right (and injuries aren't crazy) than I think they can surprise a lot of people.

I'm less interested in the results this year than the process.
I would like to see how they fit into Hasktol's scheme.
And which players step, which players fall out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad