anybody catch NHL on NBC promo on ESPN last nite, "Penguins won series" ?

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The only legit fight last year was Simmonds and Engellend and Simmer got his ass kicked lol. That being said, Engellend is probably the toughest Penguin and Simmonds isn't considered a "scrapper". No other fights were even scraps, instead were basically just wrestling. So yes the Penguins can grab onto guys and hold them better.

Wasn't hat was the game after Simmonds got hit in the face with the puck??? Or something that ruined his face..
Really impressive win for Derek.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Wasn't hat was the game after Simmonds got hit in the face with the puck??? Or something that ruined his face..
Really impressive win for Derek.

You sir are correct, March 31st against Ottawa

The fight against eng-whatever was the next night (or was it day, as in less than 24 hrs). My what bad-***** the Pens are. :sarcasm:

"Remember Simmonds was cut yesterday by a puck"....Pierre McGuire...at the :56 second mark of the next vid.

Really impressive **** by the Pens. Real, real impressive.

Edit: LMFAO, keeping watching the second video, "they got-a keep Claude Giroux on the bench here", what an animal, so glad he's captain now.

Last edited:

BigBenSF*

We did win the fights last season (you are just ignorant if you believe differently) but you guys won what matters, and I tip my hat to you for that, the Flyers outplayed and out coached us. There is really not that much to be bitter about, and I bet that the Flyers will ignore what happened last series (with the exception of a Neal-???? fight) and both teams will play pure hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
We did win the fights last season (you are just ignorant if you believe differently) but you guys won what matters, and I tip my hat to you for that, the Flyers outplayed and out coached us. There is really not that much to be bitter about, and I bet that the Flyers will ignore what happened last series (with the exception of a Neal-???? fight) and both teams will play pure hockey.

We're just laughing at the quality of your victories in the fights. Enjoyed the season and post-season series against you, it was entertaining to say the least. Wish you the slightest bit of luck next year.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Did the Pens go after Rinaldo? nope
Did Adams pull Hartnells hair then proceed to skate away quickly? Yes
Had the flyers have dressed Shelley, Sestito, Rinaldo together in a game, the Pens wouldn't do one damn thing. They are cowards. They were picking fights with Timonen and Harry Z lmfao. You didn't see the flyers picking fights with Paul Martin or Steve Sullivan.
All I know is the Pens better hope Sestito isn't dressed. That dudes a big, mean, mad man with nothing to lose. He will get suspended no questions asked.

I actually think Schenn would have went with someone but instead they just tried to cheapshot him.

Who was the other guy Crosby fought in the past year or two?

Think it was against a guy on the stars

Just pulled on his jersey for 90 seconds

This is what came to mind. The announcing makes it 10X funnier.

Not bitter. Just laughing at the fact that you marginally won a few fights that had no effect on anything and are basically bragging about it.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Did someone seriously suggest that Crosby beat Giroux in a fight? Jesus Christ, did someone dose the drinking water with acid in Pittsburgh?

yeah. ur obviously blind if you didnt see the whooping Sid laid on Giroux AFTER the refs jumped in.

The Penguins and their "fans" are a joke. Why do we entertain these children?

flyersguy33*

cool story. keep winning those meaningless fights. we will continue to win the games.

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I wasn't bragging, I was stating that the Flyers won the playoff series and Pittsburgh won the fights.

Yes you did that and you were also coming in here to shove that little fact in our faces. How do you expect us to react? As I said in a different thread, all I've ever heard about from Pens fans is how the Flyers are a bunch of goons and the fans thirst for blood. But when the Pens fight a lot and goon it up, Pens fans talk and brag about it and suddenly it's totally ok. A little hypocritical, no?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Yes you did that and you were also coming in here to shove that little fact in our faces. How do you expect us to react? As I said in a different thread, all I've ever heard about from Pens fans is how the Flyers are a bunch of goons and the fans thirst for blood. But when the Pens fight a lot and goon it up, Pens fans talk and brag about it and suddenly it's totally ok. A little hypocritical, no?
He actually thought he was "cleverly" slipping it in. :laugh: Twice. :laugh::laugh:

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He actually thought he was "cleverly" slipping it in. :laugh: Twice. :laugh::laugh:

Exactly. He didn't come in here and say, "well the Pens won the most faceoffs," or "the Pens had the most attack time." He came in here and subtly said, "you may have won the series but we kicked your @$$es in the fights."

This is extremely typical of what Flyers fans have done in the past when losing to teams. I have done this myself. It's a perfect example of what passionate fans do regardless of what fan base you are part of.

Call me crazy, but that's what happened unless I completely misinterpreted his intentions.

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario

You're right, but I never had a problem with what the Flyers did during the 2008-2009 playoff series.

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
You're right, but I never had a problem with what the Flyers did during the 2008-2009 playoff series.

OK thanks for being honest but in my experience, your opinion on the Flyers tactics during that series is in the minority. In reality, the tactics taken by the Pens is just part of hockey. But the dirty stuff should be answered for by the players themselves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad