Any Word On When Broadcast Schedule Being Released?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Maybe I missed something...didn't FS say that they'd broadcast all of the games, and didn't they say that before the 2012-2013 NHL schedule was released?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I thought it was 13-14 season but either way I wouldn't be surprised if a few games don't get televised.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
The contract with FSN to televise all 82 games starts for the 2013-14 season.

As for Center Ice, free preview until 1/31 and then its $60. Believe Gamecenter is $50if the tweets are accurate.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
JR just now on 620 with Mike and Mark saying that every Hurricanes game this season will be on TV. :handclap:

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Awesome that every game is to be on TV, though I'm not going to celebrate too much until I know the details. They've already said that what, 8?, games will be on NHL Network. Doesn't help those of us in the east with Suddenlink if they aren't also shown on FSC since we don't have NHL Network (or Center Ice for that matter) as an option...

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
I'm almost positive Raleigh doesn't get SportSouth, at least on TWC. I assume they'll put those games on one of the special events channels though.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I'm almost positive Raleigh doesn't get SportSouth, at least on TWC. I assume they'll put those games on one of the special events channels though.

I'm sure that's what will happen. I think many would rather see SportsSouth added to the package, but I think that's unlikely. And as long as MLB considers the Triangle to be a Baltimore/Washington market (??) adding SportsSouth doesn't help Braves fans anyway.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
So to get some clarification here... If i live in Raleigh and the game is broadcast on FS-Carolinas does that mean I will get blacked out from viewing that game on gamecenter live? And if so, when would the game become available for me to watch?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
So to get some clarification here... If i live in Raleigh and the game is broadcast on FS-Carolinas does that mean I will get blacked out from viewing that game on gamecenter live? And if so, when would the game become available for me to watch?

Yes, that is in fact the case. If you are in the viewing region for the channel that broadcasts the game you are looking for (AKA FS-Carolinas), then Gamecenter Live blacks out that game from being able to be viewed live.

As far as the second part of your question, full replays of the games go live 48 hours after the game for your the Canes, or 24 hours for any other team.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
Yes, that is in fact the case. If you are in the viewing region for the channel that broadcasts the game you are looking for (AKA FS-Carolinas), then Gamecenter Live blacks out that game from being able to be viewed live.

This right here was the only thing that kept me tied to having cable for a long time. If this rule weren't in place, I would have done it years ago and just bought gamecenter live.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
This right here was the only thing that kept me tied to having cable for a long time. If this rule weren't in place, I would have done it years ago and just bought gamecenter live.

That right there screwed me over last year, as I'm sure everybody knows by now, haha.

I was at Clemson last year, which is clearly in the FS-C broadcasting region. For some reason, our DirecTV service in our dorm room gave us FS-S only. So I bought Gamecenter Live to try to solve the issue...and it was blacked out because I was in the broadcasting region.

So I basically had no way of watching Canes games besides internet streams. At least I got to watch other teams on a consistent basis (Chicago, primarily).

Jun 13, 2010
NC
So I basically had no way of watching Canes games besides internet streams. At least I got to watch other teams on a consistent basis (Chicago, primarily).

Are there any good sites out there that have good quality streams, that aren't too sketchy/virusy?

If not I might just end up getting GCL and deal with watching the games late.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Are there any good sites out there that have good quality streams, that aren't too sketchy/virusy?

If not I might just end up getting GCL and deal with watching the games late.

I just used whatever I could find, and the quality wasn't all that great. Some other people might know of something worth using, but mine was definitely a bit sketchy depending on where the site linked off to.

Anyways, I used the European version of the website firstrowsports. The address is as it sounds like it should be, with a .eu rather than a .com at the end. I'm not linking the actual thing here, but that's where I usually started out. That's the best I've ever had for free streams on any given day.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
yeah, the streams they use are about as good as it gets, though there are a few other places to get them that are also free. hockeystreams is cheaper, and the quality typically has been somewhere between free and gcl. still some of thehockeystreams tsn streams that went to my ipad during the wjc were as good as any gcl one. you cant trust them the way you can with gcl though. i think the best bet is to go with gcl this year since its cheap and learn how to get around the local restrictions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad