Speculation: Any word on Toffoli or Hoffman?

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
I hope he signs with Calgary actually just to middle finger Benning in the frickin face it be awesome.
So you're wanting to screw over our team just so you can flip the bird at JB .
Sounds like y2k in that he wished all the prospects, players and team utterly failed so Jim gets fired.
Is that your wish because that's what you sound like.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He had a nice stretch while with the Nucks, but if you take his sample of hockey 3 seasons before that, he’s a 35-45pt forward. That’s what Craig Smith is.

If he can get 4.5+, great for TT. I don’t see it though.
I'm guessing he's looking for North of 5, or the deal would already be done. He'll be 29 in April, so this contract is likely his last shot at a big payday.

Reactions: lilfedor

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I would like the Habs to sign Hoffman.

4 or 5 years at 5.5-5.75 million per.

A couple players would need to be traded but I believe Hoffman would help the PP and also add 5v5 scoring.

I doubt it happens though because I believe Bergevin is done for the off season barring a minor move or 2.

But Hoffman on a Defensive conscious line with Danault and Gally could be helpful. Then we slide Tatar it Drouin to 3rd line duties, whoever is struggling basically and it gives the Habs more scoring options.

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Hoffman - Danault - Gally
Tatar - Kotka - Armia
Lehky - Evans - Byron

This is good depth also when injuries occur.

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think the Flames might make a push towards signing RW Tyler Toffoli. Treliving will have to dump some salary though.
Or then again Treliving might be completely done with the UFA market and try to improve the right side of the team just through trades. Both David Rittich (G) ($2.75M) and RFA Oliver Kylington (LD) are attractive trade bait.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm guessing he's looking for North of 5, or the deal would already be done. He'll be 29 in April, so this contract is likely his last shot at a big payday.

I can see him asking for that for sure. I don’t think he will get it. 5+ is a lot to pay for a forward who’s broken 50pts once and that was 5 years ago.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

A couple players would need to be traded but I believe Hoffman would help the PP and also add 5v5 scoring.

I doubt it happens though because I believe Bergevin is done for the off season barring a minor move or 2.

But Hoffman on a Defensive conscious line with Danault and Gally could be helpful. Then we slide Tatar it Drouin to 3rd line duties, whoever is struggling basically and it gives the Habs more scoring options.

Tatar - Kotka - Armia
Lehky - Evans - Byron

I would be surprised if that contract gets it done for Montreal...partially due to taxes and partially due to the media. I think Hoffman will be careful about insane media presences after Ottawa

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Sorry for the lack of knowledge but did Hoffman play with Barkov and Huberdeu often ? Or was it Dadanov ?Hoffman on PP1 though?
Not sure who would be better Dadanov or Hoffman . I guess depends on style of player you are after. Can Hoffmandrive his own line or does he rely on high skilled linemates ?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Sorry for the lack of knowledge but did Hoffman play with Barkov and Huberdeu often ? Or was it Dadanov and Hoffman on PP1
Hoffman was awful with Huby and Barky on ES, although he did most of his damage on the PP with them

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I can see him asking for that for sure. I don’t think he will get it. 5+ is a lot to pay for a forward who’s broken 50pts once and that was 5 years ago.
I don't know, look at guys like Hayes and Silfverberg. I think even in the covid era, he gets 5+ pretty easy.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Tatar - Kotka - Armia
Lehky - Evans - Byron

Hoffman is not the man you want if looking for good 5on5 production . Deadly on the PP but better off trying for Dadanov if 5on5 production is what you are after

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't know, look at guys like Hayes and Silfverberg. I think even in the covid era, he gets 5+ pretty easy.

If it was any other off-season I would agree. But there’s 2 FA’s that I think will get full value and everyone else will get substantially less. Teams don’t have the money to go over bidding on guys. If a team signs TT for 5+, they’re going to really regret it.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
If it was any other off-season I would agree. But there’s 2 FA’s that I think will get full value and everyone else will get substantially less. Teams don’t have the money to go over bidding on guys. If a team signs TT for 5+, they’re going to really regret it.
The only place I've noticed significant discounts this year are on bottom 6/pairing guys. He's really the only top 6, true prime year RW on the market. I'd be surprised if he signs for under 5. Its not like the cap dropped.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hoffman is not the man you want if looking for good 5on5 production . Deadly on the PP but better off trying for Dadanov if 5on5 production is what you are after

That's what makes the Montreal fit so intriguing. Hoffman's weaknesses are Montreal's strengths, and Montreal's biggest weakness is Hoffman's strength.

I don't think it will happen, but the fit is there.

Reactions: Henkka

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Tatar - Kotka - Armia
Lehky - Evans - Byron

If habs bring in Hoffman they would have to dump/trade Byron. So after Ouellette is waived they'd have 8 million in space. Sign Hoffman for ~6 then id bring in someone like Clifford or Martin for about 1-1.5 to add some bite to the fourth line and go from there.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
With the possession metrics of Danault and Gally I figure his 5on5 would be ok. But our PP is quite bad for the last 3 years or so, so Anderson in front the the net and Hoffman on the left with Weber in the right as one time options from Petry would help our PP tremendously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad