Speculation: Any word on Toffoli or Hoffman?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Toffoli would be the ideal fit for the Bruins top 6 but i'm sure they're just going to pretend that hole one the second line will fix itself like they've been trying to do since 2016

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Okay there, settle down. We might not be Vegas but we aren't Calgary.
Poster isnt really wrong. Last time a top free agent came to montreal was radulov. And that was an accident he was not the number 1 target. Plus there were questions with him coming back from russia. Before that was Erik Cole and he only lasted a year. You could argue Alzner was a top free agent but not 1 person thought that was a good contract. 2009 was a good year for free agency but habs had to overpay every single one of those guys.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Toffoli would be the ideal fit for the Bruins top 6 but i'm sure they're just going to pretend that hole one the second line will fix itself like they've been trying to do since 2016
Tofoli’s wife works for the LA Dodgers, so (I’m thinking) he stays close to the west coast for easier travel home.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Stagnant cap, Hall deal at 1 year, expansion draft coming up. Something tells me more players are looking for shorter deals and waiting to cash in when the cap goes up. We will see, but the market is a strange one in a such a unique time.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
And Calgary ain’t Edmonton, and Edmonton ain’t Buffalo, and Buffalo ain’t Winnipeg. I think a lot of players would rather live in Calgary that Montreal.

I mean, I would. Calgary is a great city.

Lots of NHL players seem to avoid it though.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Gotta figure it Hall only gets one year, it's hard to see the remaining forwards getting big contracts. What a terrible year to be a UFA.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
If Sweeney could manage to find his phone and his testicles for five minutes Hoffman should be signed soon after.

Reactions: BTO

mvp1977

Feb 9, 2018
Both David Rittich (G) ($2.75M) and RFA Oliver Kylington (LD) are attractive trade bait.
I'm not too sure " attractive " fits the bill here. But ya, if Tre needs to shed salary, this could be a decent place to start. Maybe add Derek Ryan to the list

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We're not getting jack shit. If we hear some "insiders" mention MTL, it's to buff up offers from other teams. We're the least desired club in the entire NHL - yes, even worse than Winnipeg.
I think Quebec taxes probably play a big role in the reluctance of NHL UFA's signing with Montreal. You guys pay the highest taxes in Canada. Your Provincial tax rate on anything over $106,500 is a stupifying 25.75%. Then you have a sales tax of almost 10% on top of that.... add in the 5% GST and you're paying 15% sales tax! Just brutal.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

if Boston signs him what happens to Debrusk?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sorry for the lack of knowledge but did Hoffman play with Barkov and Huberdeu often ? Or was it Dadanov ?Hoffman on PP1 though?
Not sure who would be better Dadanov or Hoffman . I guess depends on style of player you are after. Can Hoffmandrive his own line or does he rely on high skilled linemates ?

Hoffman is not the man you want if looking for good 5on5 production . Deadly on the PP but better off trying for Dadanov if 5on5 production is what you are after

Hoffman was tied with Huberdeau in even strength goals (37) the past two years. Dadonov had 34.
Dadonov did have better even strength points (83 to Hoffman's 73) but you have to consider who Dadonov and Hoffman played with.

Dadonov was atrocious away from Huberdeau and Barkov where Hoffman produced with whoever he was paired with.
Hoffman can't drive his own line unfortunately.
Dadonov is the better two way player but Hoffman is more clutch imo and not a one trick pony as some say.

Hoffman led our team in goals, he scored more on even strength than PP and was 3rd in points while he was here (behind Huberdeau and Barkov) the last two years.
Hoffman is the more valuable player imo, despite not being the better 2 way player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad