Any websites about the Habs in French?

CarioN

Oct 1, 2013
Frankly, I'm far from being a fan of your team (though Galchenyuk is one of my favourites) but as weird as it might sound I'd like to improve my French by reading about the Habs. So if you know any sites (with forums) for this purpose please don't hesitate to post it here.

Thanks in advance

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
DansLesCoulisses.com
Which covers not only the Habs, but also all the NHL.
25stanley.com too.

These two are my daily reading, not the newspaper.

Reactions: Omark

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
You can actually read nhl.com in French, this allows you to read the articles in English first and then in French. It helps with learning, I find.

CarioN

Oct 1, 2013
DansLesCoulisses.com
Which covers not only the Habs, but also all the NHL.
25stanley.com too.

These two are my daily reading, not the newspaper.

Thanks, it looks like from here on out we'll read the same sites ;)

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I had a friend that learned to speak functional french by watching all the games in french. It's the most painless way to pick up a language. Watch something you love and know well in a second language, sooner or later by osmosis, you will learn how to formulate simple sentences and know current expressions.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Frankly, I'm far from being a fan of your team (though Galchenyuk is one of my favourites) but as weird as it might sound I'd like to improve my French by reading about the Habs. So if you know any sites (with forums) for this purpose please don't hesitate to post it here.

Thanks in advance

Hey man, not weird at all. I'm french, but living in an english speaking area. I watch the habs in french as much as I can to keep up my french while having some fun.

RDS.ca is the place to watch. Also I'd recommend getting RDS on tv, or sign up to hockeystreams.com

CarioN

Oct 1, 2013
I had a friend that learned to speak functional french by watching all the games in french. It's the most painless way to pick up a language. Watch something you love and know well in a second language, sooner or later by osmosis, you will learn how to formulate simple sentences and know current expressions.

Yeah I've been learning English the same way. It took me 3 years of studying to get to the level (from scratch) where I could actually make out every single word the announcers said during the game.

I've been watching Les Simpsons on a daily basis for about a month now but I still couldn't understand much from it without subtitles..

From what i heard after having mastered French it'll be another huge task for me to get my ears used to the Quebecian accent... so hopefully in like 5 or 6 years I'll be ready too to watch Habs games in French. :)

CarioN

Oct 1, 2013
Anyway I'm on pins and needles to finally watch some hockey and since the season will open with your game I might just learn something while je m'amuse.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec

I think I have pretty good english and I learned a lot of it watching wrestling on CFCF-12 as a kid. So yeah, this definitively works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad