Proposal: Any way we can make a deal Edmon would consider?

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Why? I'll accept #3 even though it sucks and I feel Edmonton doesn't deserve it after all their squandered fortunes.

Coyotes have some good prospects coming up and not just Domi. Henrik looked good in his games and Domi is a shoe in for a roster spot. Duclair would also be a nice addition, so the future isn't all doom and gloom.

How many 1st overalls have the Redwings had? They have been making the playoffs for 20+ years because they build a strong team with excellent scouting and development. I have faith in the Coyotes scouts after the last two drafts because there have been some great players picked up in the later rounds.

OEL is a phenomenal defenseman and it would have been great to have McEichel but OEL is a star player. Through trades and free agency, this team can be built better adding to what the Coyotes already have. Hanzal may not be a number one center but it hurts a lot to not have him in the lineup. Boedker looked like he was starting to heat up when he got injured.

Coyotes have the advantage of cap space and there are teams looking to dump some players to make room.

So yeah, it sucks missing out but I'd rather keep #3 or trade down to 4 or 5 than set the franchise back by trading star payers and futures for one amazing player.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Respectfully, that's your take TFP.

However, I remembered when quite a few Coyotes Fans(myself included) said that the Coyotes won't stay in Arizona now once we found out Greg Jamison didn't get the team to own. All of us who said the team was gone for sure at that point said "not a chance in hell the Coyotes will stay". Turns out we were 100% wrong there.

Many of you are saying not a chance in hell we trade for McDavid could be wrong too, just as others and I were wrong on the fate of the ownership in Arizona after Jamison didn't get the team.

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The desperation inherent in this thread is just kinda sad. There's no way on planet Earth that Edmonton is trading their next Gretzky. You all need to get used to the idea of picking third.

Last edited by a moderator:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hey Guys (Oilers follower coming in peace) , would you do OEL for Draisaitl + Nurse? Draisaitl and Nurse are about a year away from the NHL but their ceilings are #1 C and top pair D

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
No. It's over. **** the oilers. Even when we finish below them we still get out tanked. Bane image was too true.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Hey Guys (Oilers follower coming in peace) , would you do OEL for Draisaitl + Nurse? Draisaitl and Nurse are about a year away from the NHL but their ceilings are #1 C and top pair D

giphy.gif

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Team's best (and young) player on a great contract for two prospects who you'd be ecstatic if either reached the level OEL already has. Nah, don't see that happening.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wouldn't mind picking 4th if we get a 1C out of Toronto, like Bozak.

Bozak is a 3C, a 2C on a super desperate team. He could be had for a 3rd round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012

I'm too bitter at the Oilers to reward them with OEL for continually being the luckiest team in the draft lotteries.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It's ok to ask but no that wouldn't fly, OEL is essentially untouchable. There were discussions early in the year when it was becoming apparent that one of OEL or Yandle would have to go and the consensus seemed to be that only someone like McDavid, Eichel or MacKinnon could pry OEL out of the desert.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Bozak is a 2C at best. Trading down is a worthwhile consideration but I'd want a helluva lot more than Bozak.
To move down one spot? Especially if we think TOR is picking Hanifin anyway?

I think we'd get a better offer than Bozak, but if they'll retain 50%, that'd be essentially taking Bozak for free.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why? I'll accept #3 even though it sucks and I feel Edmonton doesn't deserve it after all their squandered fortunes.

Coyotes have some good prospects coming up and not just Domi. Henrik looked good in his games and Domi is a shoe in for a roster spot. Duclair would also be a nice addition, so the future isn't all doom and gloom.

How many 1st overalls have the Redwings had? They have been making the playoffs for 20+ years because they build a strong team with excellent scouting and development. I have faith in the Coyotes scouts after the last two drafts because there have been some great players picked up in the later rounds.

OEL is a phenomenal defenseman and it would have been great to have McEichel but OEL is a star player. Through trades and free agency, this team can be built better adding to what the Coyotes already have. Hanzal may not be a number one center but it hurts a lot to not have him in the lineup. Boedker looked like he was starting to heat up when he got injured.

Coyotes have the advantage of cap space and there are teams looking to dump some players to make room.

So yeah, it sucks missing out but I'd rather keep #3 or trade down to 4 or 5 than set the franchise back by trading star payers and futures for one amazing player.

Excellent post.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Every other team deserved this more then edm. I'd rather the canes have won the lottery. I can't believe they will screw another elite player. Its unbelievable! Best 2 out of 3?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'd probably do that. He's a pain in the ass but we're desperate for centers.

Strome over Kadri. Better the devil you don't know. Kadri is an underachiever. Strome is all upside. I'd go with Strome.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Potentially you could still grab Strome at 4. Just have the Leafs think we're taking Marner or Hanifin at 3, and if they want either, they need to trade up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad