Any way of preventing opposing team fans from taking over the Honda Center?

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I don't like those ticket restrictions and crap like that. Seems cheap.

But at the same time, I'd love to troll Kings fans by making them take off their dumb logo in the arena.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
I understand that it might work for 99% of people, but what about those of us who live outside of California?
I had a plan on coming out for the 1st round but my bff has the worst timing with her wedding plans (how dares she! :laugh: ) so I had to cancel, maid of honor kinda needs to be present at the festivities.

I'm still hoping to come to Anaheim for a game or two, but due to the way my schedule and duties are structured it has to be in the 2nd part of the month. So realistically it'll be WCF time. But how am I to purchase tickets with my IL billing address, especially if for some reason it's Hawks vs Ducks and they decide to specifically block Midwest area...

BearFlag

Aug 12, 2013
Orange County, CA
that would be pathetic. It was already repulsive enough that they blocked out a bunch of their fans from buying seats last year, due to not living in specified zip codes. This would take that level of pitifulness to a whole new level.

I don't think zip code restrictions would not be a great idea because there might be a lot of legit fans spread throughout SoCal. However I see almost zero downside with "fans that purchase tickets in specific areas of the arena will not be allowed to wear any logos of the opposing team"

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I understand that it might work for 99% of people, but what about those of us who live outside of California?
I had a plan on coming out for the 1st round but my bff has the worst timing with her wedding plans (how dares she! :laugh: ) so I had to cancel, maid of honor kinda needs to be present at the festivities.

I'm still hoping to come to Anaheim for a game or two, but due to the way my schedule and duties are structured it has to be in the 2nd part of the month. So realistically it'll be WCF time. But how am I to purchase tickets with my IL billing address, especially if for some reason it's Hawks vs Ducks and they decide to specifically block Midwest area...

Yeah, that would suck. theres still the secondary market. Which in all honesty would be the only place you'd be able to get WC tickets anyway - those would be bought by speculators immediately as soon as they went on sale.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
Yeah, that would suck. theres still the secondary market. Which in all honesty would be the only place you'd be able to get WC tickets anyway - those would be bought by speculators immediately as soon as they went on sale.

Well if there's not restriction by zip I can always buy the tickets the moment they are out (or try to lol) Central time is better, I'm already wide awake by the time (usually 10am local) the tickets are out.

I guess I can find a way around zip restriction too. I have few friends in Cali that I trust enough to front them money via, let's say Chase QuickPay, and let them get tickets for me.
I wish I had thought of that when I was trying to get my hands on the mini packets to secure Teemu night tickets. :lol:

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I just saw this posted about what the Tampa Bay Lightning are doing for the playoffs:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tampa-bay-lightning-playoff-tickets-sold-florida-residents/

"Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Florida. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside the selected area will be canceled without notice and refunds given."

"Also, fans that purchase tickets in specific areas of the arena will not be allowed to wear any logos of the opposing team"

I love the second part. Can you imagine a Honda Center with no Kings jerseys? Why can't we do something like this!

im on the fence with the zip code restriction, but the part where specific areas of the Honda Center should be Ducks fans-only would be great. I hate it when in my section there's like 2 or 3 trolling kings fans.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Any gimmicks the organization might try won't change the fact we simply don't have that many fans to fill the building. I mean we could enforce any restrictions we can think of on road fans and all that will do is make our building half-empty. If we want to fill up the Pond with Ducks fans we'll need more Ducks fans. The team should be trying to sell more season tickets not blocking Kings fans from the building. There's no one to blame for the amount of visiting fans in the building but Ducks fans or the lack thereof. Tickets are among the cheapest in the league and we've been one of the most competitive teams for several years now. If people around here consider themselves Ducks fans they need to fill the building. If you're someone whining about the amount of road fans and you're sitting at home but could be sitting at the Pond, you're the problem.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California

Well thankfully for you, the Ducks haven't made these restrictions yet.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Any gimmicks the organization might try won't change the fact we simply don't have that many fans to fill the building. I mean we could enforce any restrictions we can think of on road fans and all that will do is make our building half-empty. If we want to fill up the Pond with Ducks fans we'll need more Ducks fans. The team should be trying to sell more season tickets not blocking Kings fans from the building. There's no one to blame for the amount of visiting fans in the building but Ducks fans or the lack thereof. Tickets are among the cheapest in the league and we've been one of the most competitive teams for several years now. If people around here consider themselves Ducks fans they need to fill the building. If you're someone whining about the amount of road fans and you're sitting at home but could be sitting at the Pond, you're the problem.

No, it wouldn't be half empty, that's ********. The reason there's a lot of opposing fans at Ducks games is because they just happen to buy the tickets first, it's not that there always aren't enough Ducks fans to fill the building, especially if you're talking about the playoffs. When they sellout games against teams like Nashville and Dallas, what's the percentage of opposing fans in the building? There aren't thousands of Stars fans going to games at the Honda Center, the last I checked. Sure, we could use more fans, especially for when the team is less competetive, but it's total BS that we're always relying on opposing fans to fill the building.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
No, it wouldn't be half empty, that's ********. The reason there's a lot of opposing fans at Ducks games is because they just happen to buy the tickets first, it's not that there always aren't enough Ducks fans to fill the building, especially if you're talking about the playoffs. When they sellout games against teams like Nashville and Dallas, what's the percentage of opposing fans in the building? There aren't thousands of Stars fans going to games at the Honda Center, the last I checked. Sure, we could use more fans, especially for when the team is less competetive, but it's total BS that we're always relying on opposing fans to fill the building.

Fine, half-empty is probably an exaggeration. But there's a solution to getting to tickets before road fans and that's season tickets. If we had enough legit Ducks fans who want to go to games this wouldn't be a problem. You never hear of people complaining about wanting to get tickets but road fans got there first. Hell so many of those tickets come from people who just get season tickets to resell them. The bottom line is we don't have very many fans and if we do they're not supportive enough. Again we have some of the cheapest season tickets. There's no excuse not to fill our building with Ducks fans if the required amount of fans exist. Newsflash, they don't. Hockey is niche sport in southern California and most of the few people here who do give a **** about the game are Kings fans or fans of other teams. There's just not enough of us and the Kings stole away our bandwagon fans. Hopefully that changes as more and more kids play hockey in Orange County and grow up to be season ticket holders and breed future fans.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
I dont see the problem with having some opposing teams fans at our building. Let them come see their team lose. Its always fun watching the opposing fans cry on their way out of Honda Center.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Fine, half-empty is probably an exaggeration. But there's a solution to getting to tickets before road fans and that's season tickets. If we had enough legit Ducks fans who want to go to games this wouldn't be a problem. You never hear of people complaining about wanting to get tickets but road fans got there first. Hell so many of those tickets come from people who just get season tickets to resell them. The bottom line is we don't have very many fans and if we do they're not supportive enough. Again we have some of the cheapest season tickets. There's no excuse not to fill our building with Ducks fans if the required amount of fans exist. Newsflash, they don't. Hockey is niche sport in southern California and most of the few people here who do give a **** about the game are Kings fans or fans of other teams. There's just not enough of us and the Kings stole away our bandwagon fans. Hopefully that changes as more and more kids play hockey in Orange County and grow up to be season ticket holders and breed future fans.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I'd just like to reiterate that while there aren't enough Ducks fans to sell out the building on a consistent basis, it's not like they're incapable of doing it, ever.

And barring the hockey operations part of the organization turning into the Oilers, the fanbase will definitely grow. Just look at the progress they've made over the past decade.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
At the open house this summer (SSH meeting?), Tim Ryan spoke about his dissatisfaction with enemy fans taking over our barn and put it back on the fans to fill the seats and take ownership of their building (something along those lines). I think it's something that the team is aware of and maybe taking serious issue with. I wouldn't be surprised if they look to take matters into their own hands in the form of what Tampa is doing, especially if Tampa proves it to be a successful tactic.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I dont see the problem with having some opposing teams fans at our building. Let them come see their team lose. Its always fun watching the opposing fans cry on their way out of Honda Center.

Some is fine. 40-60% of the arena being fans of the bandwagon teams isn't fine. And so many people sell their tickets for cash (or were brokers to begin with) that that isn't a rare occurrence.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
Some is fine. 40-60% of the arena being fans of the bandwagon teams isn't fine. And so many people sell their tickets for cash (or were brokers to begin with) that that isn't a rare occurrence.

Out of all the games ive been to this year the teams with the most are the Kings, Rangers, and Blackhawks.

If we get the Jets, Canucks, and the Blues/Predatords, I dont think it will be a problem.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I don't really care if other teams fans come in. Even in numbers. As long a they aren't a-holes about it.

I doubt zip code restrictions will do much. As people have said, so many are resales anyways.

If anything they might consider designating one section the opposing team section, and try to sequester them all there.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Out of all the games ive been to this year the teams with the most are the Kings, Rangers, and Blackhawks.

If we get the Jets, Canucks, and the Blues/Predatords, I dont think it will be a problem.

The Canucks will come down in force. It can be cheaper to fly here, get a hotel, and pay inflated prices than it is to get a ticket in Vancouver.

I don't really care if other teams fans come in. Even in numbers. As long a they aren't a-holes about it.

I doubt zip code restrictions will do much. As people have said, so many are resales anyways.

If anything they might consider designating one section the opposing team section, and try to sequester them all there.

That's the rub. In inflated numbers, they are. It may be no big deal on tv, but it absolutely sucks to the point of I know season ticket holders who sell their tickets simply to avoid it (rather than to make money).

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I doubt they'd do it to anyone in So Cal. Because like you allude to, there are crosstown fans.

I hope not. If they do then I'd have to get one of you to get tickets for me, and I'd have to actually meet one of you in person, like you're real or something. Shudder...

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
But there's a solution to getting to tickets before road fans and that's season tickets. If we had enough legit Ducks fans who want to go to games this wouldn't be a problem.

there are plenty of fans, but a season is a huge commitment and you really dont get the bang for your buck as opposed to buying the tickets individually for games.

the perks just arent there for STH. you basically just promise to pay whatever price for the entire season and preseason then get priority to purchase playoff tickets. there are too many other places to spend your time and money in socal than devoting 41 regular season days to going to HC, especially with the traffic and parking having to come after work etc.

i dont think that ducks season tickets are worth the price. apparently i'm not the only one

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
there are plenty of fans, but a season is a huge commitment and you really dont get the bang for your buck as opposed to buying the tickets individually for games.

the perks just arent there for STH. you basically just promise to pay whatever price for the entire season and preseason then get priority to purchase playoff tickets. there are too many other places to spend your time and money in socal than devoting 41 regular season days to going to HC, especially with the traffic and parking having to come after work etc.

i dont think that ducks season tickets are worth the price. apparently i'm not the only one

Which is telling, because they're one of the lowest ticket prices in the league, for a team that's been on top for the last three seasons now. You sorta lose the right to disagree with traditional fan bases about Anaheim not deserving a team by espousing that position.

The perk of the season ticket is paying a fraction of what the seats cost on a game by game basis. That's the only way they show up so cheaply on Stubhub.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
the fraction was almost 100% for me last year, I certainly did not pay less than 90% value for the seats.

maybe i just got robbed, who knows

and if the populations of anaheim and winnipeg somehow switched overnight in some weird outer limits fashion, the ducks would sell out. there is a ton of competition for dollars here, certainly more than they have.

I've also argued on here that the ducks deserve a better fan base and that they should think about moving. it was about as popular as saying that i wouldnt be renewing my season tickets for this year on this forum :) i mean imagine this scouting department with the resources of a toronto and no more internal budgets, it would be great for them. i would miss going to a few games a year but the franchise does deserve better than this fanbase, and its not really the fans fault either, the market is insanely saturated down here and its a big reason we lost two nfl teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad