Any updates on Markov's game

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
You have to understand that him playing in the KHL game was to thank his home country for hosting him (think about how patriotic we are about hockey). As far as blowing his knee out in one game -- is he so fragile that we have to spare him one game to avoid injury? If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. He's just been unlucky with his knee. I don't see it as a slight to the Habs. The guy has been working his ass off in rehab - he wants to be playing as much as possible and I actually prefer it that way. If he was so trepidatious about injury, then I'd be worried.

Markov has earned the right to do stuff like play an extra game in Russia. Such an overreaction. (Immature teenager? please.)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
You have to understand that him playing in the KHL game was to thank his home country for hosting him (think about how patriotic we are about hockey). As far as blowing his knee out in one game -- is he so fragile that we have to spare him one game to avoid injury? If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. He's just been unlucky with his knee. I don't see it as a slight to the Habs. The guy has been working his ass off in rehab - he wants to be playing as much as possible and I actually prefer it that way. If he was so trepidatious about injury, then I'd be worried.

Markov has earned the right to do stuff like play an extra game in Russia. Such an overreaction. (Immature teenager? please.)

How many other NHLers pulled this stunt.......

Markov did this for money.......period.

niftymove

Jul 13, 2010
Any NHLers playing in another league during lock-out could have been injured badly...explaining high cost of insurance for them.

Markov as well could have been injured heavily in any of those games in the KHL..so is hockey.

All NHL stars playing real games during lock-out did it to keep some kind of game shape..that is highly responsible imo...and Markov proved to us he was one of those.

Markov also proved he still can play that game without getting injured....and good news guys: his knee resisted!

Markov duty, as a member of Montreal canadians, was to report to the training camp in time...and he did!

So wtf anything else!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The Red Wings even let Datsyuk stay in Russia for the All-Star game.

If the Habs have to treat Markov with the kid gloves because they are afraid his knee will explode at any minute...well it's time for Markov to retire then.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
The Red Wings even let Datsyuk stay in Russia for the All-Star game.

If the Habs have to treat Markov with the kid gloves because they are afraid his knee will explode at any minute...well it's time for Markov to retire then.

I don't think it was about his knee, just the fact that he could have suffered any injury and didn't really need to play that game when he could have just came back to Montreal where he has a signed contract to play. It's not that big of a deal IMO that he did play, but if Datysuk somehow gets injured in this All Star game (Much less likely to happen then a regular season game Im assuming) there will be a major **** storm about him playing in it.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
How many other NHLers pulled this stunt.......

Markov did this for money.......period.

:shakehead

NHLers playing in Europe pretty much do it for free(except for guys like Ovie and Kocalchuk getting big bucks) as their insurance cost as much as the income they get. 98% of them are just getting living expenses out of it, not getting rich. But don't let that get in the way of your ridiculous rant.

I find talking about Markov brings out the crazy in some irrational fans...some seem to believe that he is "happy" being hurt and on the sidelines "earning his millions". Anyone with half a barin knows that the biggest pain for a pro athlete is being injured in their prime and not being able to do what they do best and what they gew up doing. The millions are great but a year of a pro athlete's prime is something they will never get back.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
:shakehead

NHLers playing in Europe pretty much do it for free(except for guys like Ovie and Kocalchuk getting big bucks) as their insurance cost as much as the income they get. 98% of them are just getting living expenses out of it, not getting rich. But don't let that get in the way of your ridiculous rant.

I find talking about Markov brings out the crazy in some irrational fans...some seem to believe that he is "happy" being hurt and on the sidelines "earning his millions". Anyone with half a barin knows that the biggest pain for a pro athlete is being injured in their prime and not being able to do what they do best and what they gew up doing. The millions are great but a year of a pro athlete's prime is something they will never get back.

Vityaz has the lowest budget in the KHL...the "Markov did this for the money" accusation is the most insane yet.

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Markov isn't doing anything wrong and doesn't owe anything to anyone until the cba is ratified by the players. In fact he was putting himself at risk of losing millions to make sure he would be in game shape and ready to help his team. Some of you guys really take yourselves too seriously. Sometimes some posters here make me ashamed to be a habs fan.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I have always been a supporter of Markov and have never faulted him for his injuries as some here have managed to do. The fanboydom on here is ridiculous.....you would think that I just insulted somebody's mommy.

Markov is being paid very well to play in the KHL even with insurance costs. If these players were willing to play for free as one poster alluded to then the KHL clubs would happily cover these costs.

I guarantee you that Bergevin and company were pissed when he played those games but it wasn't worth making a public statement about due to the ****storm it would create in Montreal. Markov is the one player out of every NHLer in Europe that should not have taken that risk.

The biggest joke is that EVERY single poster on here who is defending Markov would be the same ones crucifying him if he had seriously injured himself. Fortunately everything worked out and is water under the bridge now.........

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Excuse me? You think Markov is faking an injury so he can get paid to not play? First of all, you can't fake an injury when you have a group of professional team doctors constantly testing you. Second, rehab is some of the most tedious and hard work you could do, I highly doubt ANY players in the NHL would rather rehab than play.

Please, think before you criticize!

Where did I say he was faking an injury or anything close to that....:shakehead Feel free to actually read my post instead of staring at it and fabricating your own fantasy post.

Please think before you crticize.

baldrick

Jul 1, 2005
Perhaps he wanted to get as much game time as possible, considering the last two years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad