Any tough guys in this years draft class?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
gabriel landeskog
max friberg

I doubt they will be enforcers in NHL. :sarcasm:

He probably meant somebody like Dylan MacIlrath or Brett Ponich.

I don't know much, but I know that Michal Cajkovsky is a good player and fighter, and he has the size.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I doubt they will be enforcers in NHL. :sarcasm:

He probably meant somebody like Dylan MacIlrath or Brett Ponich.

I don't know much, but I know that Michal Cajkovsky is a good player and fighter, and he has the size.

I don´t know whether Cajkovsky is good fighter but I know for sure that he is not good player.

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
There's Jacob Doty for Seattle, 95PIMs in 32 games... 6th in the WHL

D Cason Machacek, D Wes Vannieuwenhuizen, D Tyler Yaworski, and C Darren Kramer are one year overaged :dunno:

I saw Lukas Sutter (Yes)... but he's 2012 eligible I think

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Joseph Cramarossa for Mississauga of OHL

great skater

drops the gloves occasionally

great 2 way player

KingJet*

Mark McNeil is a good two way player, probably one of the toughest guys in the draft, but not nhl ready skillwise

Jesse Forsberg is 100% defensive and hes also got tough guy in him

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
really Kevin ? i have watch most of his fight this year and hasn't won many. he's a willing fighter but not much success this year

My own observations of him stem mostly from last season when he was with Moncton (I did see him this year when the Cataractes came to town), but my comments about finding dance partners and likelihood to be drafted are mostly verbatim from a conversation I had with a scout during that Shawinigan/Halifax game. The guy I talked to felt that he would get drafted because of his fists, but also felt that he's not getting as many opportunities to show that ability now compared to when he was a 16-year-old, simply due to having a bit of a reputation as being a tough customer.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Kale Kessy in Medicine Hat is a tough kid. Big too at 6'3. Solid hands as well with 10 points in under 30 games so far.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
If you wanna forgo the "can play a little hockey" bit, Derek Mathers has to be the best pure fighter available. He's 6'3", 230 and only 17 years old, fights absolutely everybody he can and never loses. Based off of very limited observations of him actually playing the game, I'm not sure if he's talented enough to have any pro future in the game.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Seth Ambroz can really play the game, projected first rounder. supposedly he can drop the gloves a little too and is a pretty good fighter, but he doesn't do it much.

Berserker*

If you wanna forgo the "can play a little hockey" bit, Derek Mathers has to be the best pure fighter available. He's 6'3", 230 and only 17 years old, fights absolutely everybody he can and never loses. Based off of very limited observations of him actually playing the game, I'm not sure if he's talented enough to have any pro future in the game.

I haven't seen him play, but according to all reports I have read about him it appears as if he has some skill. He was a defenseman coming into this season and was converted to winger. So he is still learning how to play forward. Another report suggested that he has the potential to be a power forward. Also another article talked about the fact that the coach of the petes was comfortable playing Mathers in all situations and that he has some underrated offensive skill.

Maybe someone who has seen Mathers play regularly can shed some light on him as a player. He does however have the makings to be a high end enforcer in terms of fighting ability.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Harrison Ruopp (Prince Albert - WHL) is a pretty tough d-man for 17yrs old. Will be relied upon heavily next year for the Raiders.

Yeah, I really like Ruopp. Tough and mean. Was the Raiders best player last night in Saskatoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad