Any team out there you find really scary?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Not scary as in "they have our number" but scary as in "if I'm watching them play and the lights go out I retreat to my safe space and cry myself to sleep".

IDK why but Buffalo just gives me the creeps

Maybe it's Evander Holyfield Kane who did this

zmbluf.jpg

And has a reputation of someone you don't want to **** with (unless you're an even bigger and scarier Big Buff)

Or maybe it's Lehner who looks like he'd be more at home in the Warhammer 40k universe

Lehner.png

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

7931993_orig.gif

SKULL FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Matt Moulson's mustache is the stuff of nightmares

moulstache2.jpg

Sam Reinhart looks like ET

Sam+Reinhart+2014+NHL+Draft+Portraits+O6fVY2X5cm8l.jpg

Tim Murray always looks like he's thinking about where the bodies are buried

hi-res-46f1762ff55245e921ecc2a15d3b9607_crop_north.jpg

And Ristolainen is just scary because he looks like a William Nylander pretty boy but then he zones in on your best forward and pummels them into the ground and keeps taking the body you just don't expect it. The Eichel-Matthews/Nylander-Nylander symmetry is also out there.

Anyway, this all adds up to a creepy Silent Hill vibe every time I watch the Sabres play. Caps are playing them again tomorrow and I can't sleep just thinking about it.

Do any teams/players in the NHL inspire fear in you?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
All of those photos looks like something the police would send out to the public so people can be aware of the pedophiles out on parole in their area.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Hard to say right now since we aren't exactly lighting the league up, but back when we were good I always felt Detroit was the toughest opponent. I remember I was glad SJ eliminated them in 2011 cause I thought they were the one team in the West that could possibly beat us. Even in 2009 and 2010 when we lost to Chicago I didn't think we'd likely get past Detroit if we had beaten Chicago.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, Buffalo.

Big team, plays nasty, dark muddled jerseys.

Kings are also scary like that, and kind of demonic.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah, Buffalo.

Big team, plays nasty, dark muddled jerseys.

Kings are also scary like that, and kind of demonic.

Also the city itself is like a Fargo/Twin Peaks/30 Days of Night archetype of cold quiet rustic falling apart town where horror happens

At least Chucky and Slenderman no longer play for them or I'd probably have a mental breakdown

22a823d9b9059cbc518dfc7f3f487d1e.jpg

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Winnipeg for sure is one. Their fans always show up to Wild home games in St. Paul and are loud and very noticeable. It's impressive. They also have Byfuglien - the scariest guy in the NHL - and three huge skilled guys in Wheeler, Scheifele, and Laine. If they ever figure it out, and I expect they will, the rest of the league will be in trouble.

Duncan Keith scares me. He's crazy. That slash on Coyle was vicious and just one of many misdeeds by him. Elite player and competitor but the dude is an *******. Rest of the Hawks are very skilled-based and mild tempered for the most part, but Keith can be an animal out there. Reminds me of Draymond Green almost.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Winnipeg for sure is one. Their fans always show up to Wild home games in St. Paul and are loud and very noticeable. It's impressive. They also have Byfuglien - the scariest guy in the NHL - and three huge skilled guys in Wheeler, Scheifele, and Laine. If they ever figure it out, and I expect they will, the rest of the league will be in trouble.

Duncan Keith scares me. He's crazy. That slash on Coyle was vicious and just one of many misdeeds by him. Elite player and competitor but the dude is an *******. Rest of the Hawks are very skilled-based and mild tempered for the most part, but Keith can be an animal out there. Reminds me of Draymond Green almost.

Plus they have this monstrosity

ept_sports_nhl_experts-481586580-1270239543.jpg

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Obviously the Habs.

They have a goalie who legitimately tried to paralyze a player. Poor New Jersey, thank goodness everything miraculously worked out.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
gotta be the sharks.

Thornton and Burns walking around the North Shore in pittsburgh shirtless the day before a game this season
Screen_20Shot_202016-10-19_20at_201.43.14_20PM.0.png

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Surely it has to be Roman Polak and the Maple Leafs.

99 shot (dump in) power, 99 pass power, 0 accuracy. Everyone in the arena craps their pants whenever Polak winds up. If you get hit.......oh boy. Just ask linesman Steve Miller

roman.jpg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
basically who has the ugliest players???hahah

There are quite a few that would excel in horror movies!!!

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
its funny cause LA would be one of the best places to play, just cause its LA and all the beach/LA lifestyle, but they may have the ugliest group of players on a team ive ever seen lol....

also, that Thornton/Burns pic is UNREAL!!!!!!

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Probably the jets. It makes me nervous to play against buff even though he's one of my favorite players. Wings have some young guys that don't protect themselves that great yet. Also the Canadians for that matter, Emelin is a dick

Like Eich

Feb 22, 2016
Not scary as in "they have our number" but scary as in "if I'm watching them play and the lights go out I retreat to my safe space and cry myself to sleep".

IDK why but Buffalo just gives me the creeps

Maybe it's Evander Holyfield Kane who did this

zmbluf.jpg

And has a reputation of someone you don't want to **** with (unless you're an even bigger and scarier Big Buff)

Or maybe it's Lehner who looks like he'd be more at home in the Warhammer 40k universe

Lehner.png

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

7931993_orig.gif

SKULL FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Matt Moulson's mustache is the stuff of nightmares

moulstache2.jpg

Sam Reinhart looks like ET

Sam+Reinhart+2014+NHL+Draft+Portraits+O6fVY2X5cm8l.jpg

Tim Murray always looks like he's thinking about where the bodies are buried

hi-res-46f1762ff55245e921ecc2a15d3b9607_crop_north.jpg

And Ristolainen is just scary because he looks like a William Nylander pretty boy but then he zones in on your best forward and pummels them into the ground and keeps taking the body you just don't expect it. The Eichel-Matthews/Nylander-Nylander symmetry is also out there.

Anyway, this all adds up to a creepy Silent Hill vibe every time I watch the Sabres play. Caps are playing them again tomorrow and I can't sleep just thinking about it.

Do any teams/players in the NHL inspire fear in you?

Honestly never even thought about it, but I'm laughing my ass off at this post.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00