Any Seahawks fans here enjoy talking NFL?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Greg Olson retired --terrific career, but not particularly game-changing here. Frees up something like 7M that's badly needed elsewhere.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I think it's time to move on from Pete. I love the guy, but the organization needs some fresh eyes and a new direction. Pete defaults to his 1987 playbook of running the ball and trying to have your defense win every time the team is in trouble. They got lucky to squeak out some wins this year, but they weren't as good as their record indicated. Instead of trying to let his main weapons do the work like they were in the beginning of the season, he took the game out of Russell's hands and put it into his defense. It's time for a new direction IMO. The makeup of the team is good enough so I don't think they need to replace Schneider, but I do think a new coaching staff is warranted.
OMG I agree with this so much! The start of the season was amazing, and so fun to watch. And then it was back to running the dang ball. Still salty. lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
OMG I agree with this so much! The start of the season was amazing, and so fun to watch. And then it was back to running the dang ball. Still salty. lol
Seattle just hired an OC out of the McVay coaching tree. See if that changes things up for the Hawks offensive style. Pete will still run the ball, though he prefers the power game that make Lynch and Carson perfect fits, whereas McVay system fits more the dual threat RB. Penny, Dallas they have under contract. Carson is a free agent, but he fits the Pete style run game, and not sure he gets a big pay day elsewhere.

Think the WR benefit the most here with more intricate route concepts to help open up things for their guys.

Reactions: Habs178

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
You guys have decent representation on the football board from what I have seen. I’m not a fan as I have said but yours is definitely the team I am exposed the most to outside of my own control. So to me the Seahawks are always, umm...relevant and interesting. What’s the local word on their new OC hire from Los Rams? Happy? Worried?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You guys have decent representation on the football board from what I have seen. I’m not a fan as I have said but yours is definitely the team I am exposed the most to outside of my own control. So to me the Seahawks are always, umm...relevant and interesting. What’s the local word on their new OC hire from Los Rams? Happy? Worried?
Would expect optimism but that truly depends on Pete. LA with Gurley ran the ball which Carroll will like but he’s more used to having power backs like Lynch, Carson and even brought in the guy from GB who was overweight. See how the run game plays out. But expect the passing game to improve with more updated route combinations. So looking for better performance and production from their third best receiving option be it a TE or WR as they get more opened up by better route designs. And that also goes for their top WR in DK and Lockett.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Would expect optimism but that truly depends on Pete. LA with Gurley ran the ball which Carroll will like but he’s more used to having power backs like Lynch, Carson and even brought in the guy from GB who was overweight. See how the run game plays out. But expect the passing game to improve with more updated route combinations. So looking for better performance and production from their third best receiving option be it a TE or WR as they get more opened up by better route designs. And that also goes for their top WR in DK and Lockett.

I tell you what, you’re in for a treat. This is your version, carroll permitting, of going from McCarthy’s “offence” to lafleur’s.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I tell you what, you’re in for a treat. This is your version, carroll permitting, of going from McCarthy’s “offence” to lafleur’s.
Run game may change as Carson is a free agent. Leaves Penny, Homer, Dallas as signed RB who will be entering years 4, 3, 2 of their rookie contracts. Hopefully the OL coach is able to get the OL coached up to deploy the run game that the new OC wants to execute.

But, they only have a 2, 4, 5, 7 in this draft, not much they can add. DL, OL, CB are the key positions to add, plus whatever they can from UDFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad