Any Seahawks fans here enjoy talking NFL?

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I’m the furthest thing humanly possible from a “twelve”, rather absolutely hating your team. But I don’t notice an nfl thread here yet, unless I am blind. Every nhl team on here with a same city nfl team needs a football thread in their forum.

I’ll start.

As a Packers fan, why did you guys let Snacks Harrison go?

And as a Canucks fan, f*** yeah, welcome to the neighbourhood.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Snacks was brought in to bolster a banged-up bunch of DTs, namely Brian Mone and Jarran Reed to a lesser extent. Once Mone came back, snacks basically went inactive again and didn't get to play.
When he showed up here he was reportedly grossly out of shape and overweight, but once activated I thought he played fine.

I think he asked to be released so he could play more elsewhere, and it was a surprise that GB claimed him....probably for intel, since there's a good chance these teams will see each other in the playoffs.
Wouldn't expect much since GB already has a very good nose tackle. At least you won't have to spend six weeks getting him back into football shape.

Can't stand the Packers myself, it's one thing Hawks fans and our "pals" from SF can agree on.

Reactions: Habs178

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Heard the same on Harrison. He didn't expect to play thus he went the other way in terms of weight than guys like Jordan Gross and Joe Thomas who lost 50-60 lbs. If you aren't committed in one direction that will happen.

I am surprised that there hasn't been a thread about the Hawks here. I think there was one when the playoff began last season. But, nothing for the regular season which seemed odd.

Hawks have had a good year overall. Started with letting Russ cook, but they missed their running game after Carson, Hyde, Homer all got hurt around the same time. Became way too one dimensional and their OL isn't built to constantly pass protect. D has come a long way. Dunlap trade was much needed. Collier playing better in year 2. Robinson has given them something as a rookie. Too bad Taylor, their 2nd rounder has been hurt all season. Could use another DE.

The D won't win games, but for the most part, have come up big when needed. Goal line stand vs NE. Final 2 minutes vs Dal/Wash/Min coming up with stops when needed.

Think on offence, they have a tendency to go into a lull after they get a couple scores up on their opposition and takes 3 series to get back on track. Think they lack that 3rd receiving option, ideally coming from the TE position.

I suspect they finish 3rd in the Conference as GB/NO I expect to win. Thus they avoid TB and likely sets up a 3rd game with either LAR or AZ. I'd be more concerned with the Rams because their DL can wreck the Hawks OL. Goff will be hampered by the thumb. AZ, D not as good, but never know with Kyler, though he seems to be hurting. And they have a big play WR in Hopkins to worry about.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I’m the furthest thing humanly possible from a “twelve”, rather absolutely hating your team. But I don’t notice an nfl thread here yet, unless I am blind. Every nhl team on here with a same city nfl team needs a football thread in their forum.

I’ll start.

As a Packers fan, why did you guys let Snacks Harrison go?

And as a Canucks fan, f*** yeah, welcome to the neighbourhood.
Hey. Another Packers fan here. LOL. Fun being surrounded by a lot of 12's .. specially my in-laws .. :D

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have Seahawks & Kraken season tickets. I gave up Sounders tickets in order to afford Kraken tickets.

Seahawks play Packers in Green Bay in 2021. Was surprised to see they haven't played in the regular season for 2 years.

#GoHawks!

Reactions: Habs178

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I have Seahawks & Kraken season tickets. I gave up Sounders tickets in order to afford Kraken tickets.

Seahawks play Packers in Green Bay in 2021. Was surprised to see they haven't played in the regular season for 2 years.

#GoHawks!
I would definitely have pushed to get Kraken season tickets if it was feasible for me to even make 50% of the home games. But the commute and late games just don't make sense for me.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019

#GoHawks!
I’m jealous of that ticket situation. I’ve shared in seahawks season tickets before, and will again. They’re not my team but it’s still the nfl.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I would definitely have pushed to get Kraken season tickets if it was feasible for me to even make 50% of the home games. But the commute and late games just don't make sense for me.
I absolutely cannot wait to do a Seattle weekend with kraken and hawks games. Supersonics too soon enough.

And I haven’t even mentioned my favourite- a sunny day at SafecoT-Mobile. I love that building.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seahawks have some decisions to make.
1-3 in the past 3 playoffs. Victory over Philly last season and that was after knocking out wentz.

seattle seriously needs to consider changing their OC. You can find another OC who likes to run but need to be more creative in the passing game. Need to scheme better to open up more chances for the guys after Metcalf and Lockett.

DC, former ones Quinn is available. No word on Bradley’s future with the chargers. So there are guys available if Seattle wants to make changes.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think it's time to move on from Pete. I love the guy, but the organization needs some fresh eyes and a new direction. Pete defaults to his 1987 playbook of running the ball and trying to have your defense win every time the team is in trouble. They got lucky to squeak out some wins this year, but they weren't as good as their record indicated. Instead of trying to let his main weapons do the work like they were in the beginning of the season, he took the game out of Russell's hands and put it into his defense. It's time for a new direction IMO. The makeup of the team is good enough so I don't think they need to replace Schneider, but I do think a new coaching staff is warranted.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it's time to move on from Pete. I love the guy, but the organization needs some fresh eyes and a new direction. Pete defaults to his 1987 playbook of running the ball and trying to have your defense win every time the team is in trouble. They got lucky to squeak out some wins this year, but they weren't as good as their record indicated. Instead of trying to let his main weapons do the work like they were in the beginning of the season, he took the game out of Russell's hands and put it into his defense. It's time for a new direction IMO. The makeup of the team is good enough so I don't think they need to replace Schneider, but I do think a new coaching staff is warranted.
Pete signed an extension, so he's coming back.

I think the coordinators need to be changed. Quinn is out there and likely Bradley is as well. I think both are upgrades over Norton.

OC, very conservative play calling as well as not very creative on pass schemes.

Talent wise, Seattle, IMO needs a better 3rd receiving option. TE not much there, decent to solid guys, but nothing to really fear. And the #3 WR, Moore, Swain, Dorsett, Hart... Need another big WR IMO.

OL, no matter what can't hold up against good DL, which there are 2 of them in the division in SF and LAR.

See what they do in the off-season. I think the OC and DC need to be changed.

KJ Wright is going to be a cap casualty and because they drafted his replacement in Brooks last 1st round. Have to part with him. Need to use the money elsewhere.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Pete signed an extension, so he's coming back.

I think the coordinators need to be changed. Quinn is out there and likely Bradley is as well. I think both are upgrades over Norton.

OC, very conservative play calling as well as not very creative on pass schemes.

Talent wise, Seattle, IMO needs a better 3rd receiving option. TE not much there, decent to solid guys, but nothing to really fear. And the #3 WR, Moore, Swain, Dorsett, Hart... Need another big WR IMO.

OL, no matter what can't hold up against good DL, which there are 2 of them in the division in SF and LAR.

See what they do in the off-season. I think the OC and DC need to be changed.

KJ Wright is going to be a cap casualty and because they drafted his replacement in Brooks last 1st round. Have to part with him. Need to use the money elsewhere.

Move him upstairs. His contract is for EVP of Football Operations and Head Coach. Convert him to EVP only to work on the team with Schneider and bring in a new coaching staff.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Move him upstairs. His contract is for EVP of Football Operations and Head Coach. Convert him to EVP only to work on the team with Schneider and bring in a new coaching staff.
Don’t see him moving up.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
It's frustrating... the team has done REALLY well the past decade under Pete & Russ with regular season consistency Problem is they generally flounder in the playoffs and have near identical games in those playoff losses: get down early due to conservative play and often a Def TD against. Scrap in the 2nd half to make it close but lose in the end. This year's loss was worse than the the script from the past 5 years as there was no hope in or coming out of the game. Some heads will roll but there's limited amount they can do in the offseason with limited draft picks (Adams & Dunlap trades).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Everything changed after the SB loss. Graham trade imo killed their identity. Gave up Unger and a first for Graham who isn’t a physical guy just uses it for a skill game. Plus they never figured out how to use him right.

their drafts haven’t been as good.

play calling is basic. Works when you have high end talent but if you don’t you need to scheme better.

limited picks this year.

but they need to change things up.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
So what can the hawks do for next season?

Realistically, I don't think they change much. The majority of their contracts go through 2022. They'll have some decisions to make on guys like KJ, Mayowa, Iupati, Griffin, Carson and Pocic. They don't have a ton of cap space and they're missing half their draft picks, so I'm not expecting any major moves in the off-season. They'll flip a handful of guys as a "retool" and call it good. They'll talk about how they won the division so it's not necessary to make a bunch of changes. Maybe we see a chance at one of the coordinator positions, but I'm not holding my breath there, either.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Realistically, I don't think they change much. The majority of their contracts go through 2022. They'll have some decisions to make on guys like KJ, Mayowa, Iupati, Griffin, Carson and Pocic. They don't have a ton of cap space and they're missing half their draft picks, so I'm not expecting any major moves in the off-season. They'll flip a handful of guys as a "retool" and call it good. They'll talk about how they won the division so it's not necessary to make a bunch of changes. Maybe we see a chance at one of the coordinator positions, but I'm not holding my breath there, either.

Man I’m still bummed out about Saturday and reading this just made me more upset lol.

Would some of y’all take a flyer on AB if he was open to coming here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad