Any Pick-up Groups Playing at RDV in Central FL?

swede84

Mar 21, 2010
the sin bin
Hey everyone, I was curious if anyone plays in a pick-up group at the RDV in Maitland, FL. I work about 10 minutes from there and I'm hoping to find a group that wouldn't mind an extra skater once in a while. I have about 15 years of experience playing in groups at varying levels. I really don't have a chance to play other than weekdays either before or after work. just kinda testing the waters and curious who plays there other than leagues. Also, even though it would be an hour drive each way, if anyone has had a good time at the drop-in there, I may consider trying that out (would just hate to show and no goalies are skating that time). Thanks

swede84

Mar 21, 2010
the sin bin
Also, I was at the rink today and someone told me that you need to be registered with American Hockey to play, even if its a pick up game.... which I never heard of when I played in New England

Melanson

Apr 29, 2004
I play pickup there and in a couple of leagues. There is a Saturday morning pickup that is very well organized but it runs from 6:15am-7:45am. One guy coordinates it all and makes sure we have 10 skaters aside plus 2 goalies. He chooses teams every week. The only caveat is that you have to pay in advance for a 10 week session. If you don't want to commit he can put you on the sub list to fill in for guys that know that can't make it in a certain week.

PM me if you want his contact information.

I never have time to play the scheduled pickups during the afternoon each day but I hear certain days always have goalies and are pretty well attended. I'm sure the guys at the rink can help out with what days are best. I also think they have a Friday night pickup as well as a Saturday night one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad