Speculation: Any Oilers will go to the Worlds?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I believe Canada can add a d-man due to injuries

but I believe that their roster is full

Russia did what they do every year and hold open two spots for last minute adds

I think most teams leave a couple of spots open for last min adds.

Sweden always do it and has a history of flying in players even as late as quarter/semis (Sedins, P.Forsberg, Sundin).

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'm surprised Drai is going to be honest. Going back to the start of September with the Olympic qualifiers tournament and into the World Cup, he's played more than 100 games this season.

Dude is a workhorse. He deserves some rest lol.

I agree...but the WHC is in his hometown...almost a once in a life time chance to play for his country in his own backyard. Cant blame him one bit.

Also, greedy ass NHL seemly wont be sending players to the Olympics and hopefully some long playoff runs with the Oilers might be his only good chance in the near future.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
I agree...but the WHC is in his hometown...almost a once in a life time chance to play for his country in his own backyard. Cant blame him one bit.

Also, greedy ass NHL seemly wont be sending players to the Olympics and hopefully some long playoff runs with the Oilers might be his only good chance in the near future.

I don't think that fairly represents why players aren't going to the Olympics. If anyone is being greedy its the IOC. NHL owners are being businessmen, which inherently too involves some greed...
Who suffers? The fans and the players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad