Any of you fans switch teams or thinking about it?

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I'm more of a follower of Finnish players naturally and used to follow them exclusively for a long while before settling for teams, but I have come to like the Bruins and Edmonton with time. Got into Boston because of Rask, and I hated seeing him get scored on, so it was very easy to then transition that team-wide. I also really like Bergeron and McAvoy among others. I started watching the Oilers actively after Puljujärvi got drafted, thinking that he would be the best thing ever on McDavid's wing. That didn't quite work out so far, obviously, but I stuck with the team. Nashville is another team I like seeing win because of Rinne.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Been watching NHL hockey avidly since 1983. Started out as a Flames fan (because I grew up in Calgary) but I left there about 2 weeks after they won the cup in 1989. I continued to cheer for the team without setting foot in the city until 1998. But by that point I'd lived in Vancouver for a year, and having the Canucks everywhere on the local media really fostered me into taking an interest in that team, right at a time when all my fave Flames were traded away from Calgary and I had little reason to be interested in Calgary anymore. So geography/hometown really played a *huge* part in my choice to switch. I really think of it in terms of being born into a religion, and then moving away from home as a teen, and getting a chance to pick my OWN faith.

Summary: Cheered for Calgary for 15 years, and have since cheered exclusively for Vancouver for 20 years.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I grew up cheering for the Habs because that's what team my dad watched but I also cheer for the oilers and will likely encourage my kids to cheer for them too.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I changed teams when I moved cities. It didn't happen instantly and only really happened when I became a co-season's ticket holder. Seeing my new local team so often got me more invested in them, it only really seemed to make sense. I still like the team I cheered for growing up, so it's kind of a 1A/1B kind of thing.

Reactions: bdub24

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I'm OK with adding a team to your repertoire. Particularly in the other conference.

But wholesale switching teams?

nope.jpg

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
As last year showed, even Connor McDavid can't save the Oilers.

I haven't seriously considered changing teams but last year damaged my love for the Oilers immensely.
I get that it's frustrating but at least you get to watch the best player since Mario 80+ times a year.

Could be Arizona or Islanders

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
wow someone bossing others around with a bad attitude and is a supposed Boston fan?

well we can tell youre definitely not phony

Grew up in mass and am a Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Pats fans. I'm a clear cut boston sports fan.Enjoyed many championships.And i'm not bossing anybody around. just stating the facts. are you serious with that comment? lol

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Nah. Not a bandwagoner.

Unless you're a fan of a dumpster fire like Ottawa, changing your team just because they're going through some bad years is a bad look.

Reactions: Rasmi

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Nah. Not a bandwagoner.

Unless you're a fan of a dumpster fire like Ottawa, changing your team just because they're going through some bad years is a bad look.

Nah sens fan for life partner. It's just "in" to make fun of them right now. It'll pass, mark my words

Reactions: rfournier103

Tavares2Matthews

Mar 1, 2008
Never crossed my mind once in my life. Be a fan, go through the tough times.

Don't be a ship jumper, your ship is filling with water and you're out.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Cowards, bandwagon, fairweather, not a true fan..... what a bunch of BS.

Tell me, why is it not ok for a hockey fan to switch teams, but ok for a player?
And before you say it's because they get paid to.... would you switch allegiances for $20m over 4 years?
lol for 20m over 4 years youd catch me in a pens jersey paying for season tickets. Money talks and rent dont pay itself

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
I personally dont see myself doing this, Tennessee teams will always have a place in my heart. I understand following teams that are in a old home state or current city or even keeping an eye on a player. But its also weird because I wouldnt call you a bandwagon fan, clearly you enjoy the sport and it sounds liek you where never a true fan of the Kings (who is??) Also correct me if im wrong, isnt a bandwagon fan someone who jumps to a successful team? No offense Habs fans, I like yall more than the leafs and definitely more than the damn Jets as far as Canadian teams go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad