Any of you fans switch teams or thinking about it?

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I’m 31 years old and was a huge Gretzky fan growing up I have been a kings fan ever since 1992 because of Gretzky. 2012 and 2014 were awesome but ever since I was about 18-19o I’ve just felt like the kings were more of a childhood team and I found myself cheering for the habs more often than not( even tho I cried like a baby in 1993 lol). I have French ancestry and I love the history of the canadiens.

Anyone else go through this? It feels very strange to switch teams but it’s just hard for me to get excited about a team that’s based in California.
Subconsciously I think I have been a habs fan for many years I just havnt admitted it to myself.

From this day forward I now declare myself a Montreal Canadiens fan.

I’ll always have a soft spot for the kings but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Last edited:

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I find myself more a fan of players than I am of teams as I get older.

I'll still be psyched if Edmonton wins a cup though because I know how much it would mean for the city.

Yah during regular season I always watch the best players instead of teams. I rarely miss a Mcdavid game these days. And the same with sid and Ovechkin

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
giphy.gif

Phaneuf will judge you.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I can proudly say that I never wavered from being a diehard Oilers fan living in Chicago from 2010-15 when my team was winning draft lotteries while the local team was winning Cups. If anything, I probably started cheering more against the Hawks than anything.

Reactions: TB12 and drs151

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Well I just did come at me bro

Haha to be honest I do feel a little ****ty about it. But what am I supposed to do cheer for a team I havnt really cares about in a long time?

I think him using the word "bucko", it's Flyers just trying to be light-hearted and funny. In truth, are the Canadiens in the time zone that you live in? That would definitely help.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I can proudly say that I never wavered from being a diehard Oilers fan living in Chicago from 2010-15. If anything, I probably started cheering more against the Hawks than anything.
Being an Oil fan is truly suffering.

I don't think there is one fan base in all of sports that is more tortured than the Oilers.

Maybe the Vikings.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Ok ok...it's the home plate on the jersey, right?

Well if you just read my original post I quite clearly stated why but that’s ok you just keep continuing to tell me why I’m switching. I’ve played 2 years of junior 13 year of senior. Hockey is a huge part of my life. I’m as pure as it gets when it comes to hockey. I just don’t think me switching teams from something I picked when I was 5 changes that

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't really know how to switch teams even if I wanted to.

The Oilers are too deeply ingrained in my psyche at this point. No matter what happens, or how much I hate the decisions the organization makes... I still love them like a family member. Even if I hate them sometimes.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I think him using the word "bucko", it's Flyers just trying to be light-hearted and funny. In truth, are the Canadiens in the time zone that you live in? That would definitely help.

No I’m from Saskatchewan. I’ve never really felt all that close to the nhl. I mean the jets are back and I’ve been to a couple games but I havnt seen a lot of nhl action

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Good for you. I dont think that i'd choose the habs mind you :) . A few kings fans switched to the knights when they started up. Kings hockey is pretty dreadful to watch at present. Just lifeless.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
The thought has never crossed my mind. And never will. I'm sticking by my team for the long haul.

Reactions: drs151

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Coming from a “Kings fan” just when the Kings starts to suck
LOL

Lol fair enough but I went through many dark years with the kings. The timing is just a coincidence. I havnt watched a kings regular season game in probably 2 years and watched probably about 50 habs games. I love the crowd I love the atmosphere I love the hostility.

Reactions: fivesberg

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I don't really know how to switch teams even if I wanted to.

The Oilers are too deeply ingrained in my psyche at this point. No matter what happens, or how much I hate the decisions the organization makes... I still love them like a family member. Even if I hate them sometimes.
Same, if the Canucks doesn’t exist, I probably quit being a hockey fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad