Proposal: Any interest in Buff?

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Hello Kings fans, Jets fans coming in peace.

I read there was some interest in a right handed shooting d-man for your team. I wonder if you would have any interest in Dustin Byfuglien?

He could move all over your lineup and contribute. He would alos make you the strongest, most bad-ass team in the league if you aren't all ready. Ideal for when you play Anaheim in the playoffs.

I offered him up to the habs and Bruins fan bases last week and while the bidding war never ensued that I had hoped, I received fair offers.

Habs was Beaulieu and a 2015 first

Bruins was Morrow and a 2015 first.

Really looking for a good left handed shooting partner for Jacob Trouba. Wingers that can score valuable for us as well.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Hello Kings fans, Jets fans coming in peace.

I read there was some interest in a right handed shooting d-man for your team. I wonder if you would have any interest in Dustin Byfuglien?

He could move all over your lineup and contribute. He would alos make you the strongest, most bad-ass team in the league if you aren't all ready. Ideal for when you play Anaheim in the playoffs.

I offered him up to the habs and Bruins fan bases last week and while the bidding war never ensued that I had hoped, I received fair offers.

Habs was Beaulieu and a 2015 first

Bruins was Morrow and a 2015 first.

Really looking for a good left handed shooting partner for Jacob Trouba. Wingers that can score valuable for us as well.

I wouldn't mind Buff on the team, but doubt we'd out bid those offers.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
He's a neat player, totally worth looking into.

But the cap hit could be tricky, and we don't know what's up with Voynov yet. Might not know until the offseason.

If Wpg were to retain part of his cap hit, I'd be kinda tempted.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
How about 40% to start?

here's what I find interesting on your team..

Martin Jones
Valentin Zykov
Tanner Pearson
Mike Richards
2015 first
Adrian Kempe
Roland McKeown

id be ok with Jones and a 2nd in 15 @50 % The first in this years draft is going to be a good player even at 30th pick Before King fans freak Jones is a backup playing 20-25 games a year. A backup is easy to find compared to a number 4 defense man

Ollie Weeks

Feb 28, 2008
For 40% retained, I'd probably do the 1st, and one of McKeown and Kempe. We could always swap Jones and Hutchinson if that helps.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
For 40% retained, I'd probably do the 1st, and one of McKeown and Kempe. We could always swap Jones and Hutchinson if that helps.

to much imo both Mckeown ( who we traded up for ) and Kempe have to much potential to me. Also i don't think dean is going to trade a 1st in this deep of a draft if he can help it. Some real good players set to go around 30th overall still :P

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
With the way Dean Lombardi deals, he'd probably talk Cheveldayoff into Byfuglien for Nolan and a 3rd. With 50% of Buff's salary retained. And Chevy would think it's a great deal.

Ridiculous statement you say? See the Gaborik trade

Last edited:

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Honestly, i'm just not convinced he fits on the team. Sutter has a pretty specific system and what he looks for in d-men. I'm not sure if Buff is quite what the Kings need.

Same with Myers or Mike Green. Just not Kings types.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Anybody beside Richards on that list is unavailable

That's not true at all. In fact, completely the opposite. Richards would be the least likely to be moved at this point. He's out playing Kopitar for Christ sake. You people need to stop with this baseless Richards hate.

All of those assets are moveable in the right trade. Buff fills a need in more ways than one and would be a beast under Sutter. If Winnipeg retained 40% salary, Lombardi wouldn't think twice about trading Zykov and some picks for him. Are you kidding? ESPECIALLY if Voynov is out for the year.

Ollie Weeks

Feb 28, 2008
That's not true at all. In fact, completely the opposite. Richards would be the least likely to be moved at this point. He's out playing Kopitar for Christ sake. You people need to stop with this baseless Richards hate.

All of those assets are moveable in the right trade. Buff fills a need in more ways than one and would be a beast under Sutter. If Winnipeg retained 40% salary, Lombardi wouldn't think twice about trading Zykov and some picks for him. Are you kidding? ESPECIALLY if Voynov is out for the year.

I don't think some people realize what an impact player Byfuglien is. Nor what absurd fortune would go into getting him at such a cap hit.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

All of those assets are movable in the right trade. Buff fills a need in more ways than one and would be a beast under Sutter. If Winnipeg retained 40% salary, Lombardi wouldn't think twice about trading Zykov and some picks for him. Are you kidding? ESPECIALLY if Voynov is out for the year.

I actually disagree Zykov is the best prospect we has We need some more young offensive top 6 pieces coming up besides him. I think Dean would be hesident to trade him. I doubt Dean sees Buff as the right fit to lose our best prospect. I put zykov in the same light as toffoli was last two years Untouchable until we see what he can do nhl wise

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think some people realize what an impact player Byfuglien is. Nor what absurd fortune would go into getting him at such a cap hit.

Amen

Im probably higher than most on him but he would be fantastic. I would do a pretty heavy trade without blinking ESPECIALLY if the jets were retaining cap. We'd have a bunch of mobile monsters that can play on defense especially when guys like forbort and gravel start making it. I would do bad bad things to get buff on this team.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree with the value of some of our best prospects too but we also have to ask when they are making the team and over who. Does a guy like Zykov really help with this cup window etc

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I agree with the value of some of our best prospects too but we also have to ask when they are making the team and over who. Does a guy like Zykov really help with this cup window etc

I think the Cup window stays open for a few more years. Need to keep bringing in the hungry, young talent like they did with Toffoli & Pearson. Kempe is playing in a mens league so I see him in the NHL before Zykov, but the Kings core is still in it's prime and will be for a few years now.
I don't see the Kings having any interest in Buff. Kings won't make a deal on the backend until the outcome of the whole Voynov fiasco is complete. Dec. 1st will be a telling day for what the Kings do going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad