Any free wallets available this year

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
And the fact that he hasn't managed to cross 50 points even once, with a PPG winger, is even more incredible!

Does that mean he'd just be a 30 point player at best if playing with 3rd line talent on a 3rd line?

You name me 5 players that went undrafted from the NCAA who had 50 points in a season, (not that hard) and I'll name you 500 who were drafted and who never scored 10

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
LOL at all the defenders saying Bozaks name.

Bozak was the one college FA we got who was extremely hyped. Every team in the league was trying to get the guy.

Sure, if any available college FA is as hyped as Bozak, get him. Although Bozak isn't even that good of a player.

all the rest were trash an a waste of a contract spot.

Bozak's a good player that has been miscast. Unfortunately for him, his spot seems to be covered by Kadri and Holland. That isn't to say he's not a bad player, he still has a good head for the game and tools to get the job done.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
And the fact that he hasn't managed to cross 50 points even once, with a PPG winger, is even more incredible!

Does that mean he'd just be a 30 point player at best if playing with 3rd line talent on a 3rd line?

30 points on the third line is decent production... Holland right now is only on pace for 28 points. Winnik on pace for 30 points, Komarov 32

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Personally, I think the free agent way has been a bust the last little while maybe they should just stay away from free agents for the time being. You know get their own house in order first then when the team is where they could add a guy here or there then do it but for now, unless something that is absolutely amazing comes up, stay away from free agents.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Personally, I think the free agent way has been a bust the last little while maybe they should just stay away from free agents for the time being. You know get their own house in order first then when the team is where they could add a guy here or there then do it but for now, unless something that is absolutely amazing comes up, stay away from free agents.

Actual NHL free agents? Sure. We're just terrible at getting impact players. Our pro scouts have been absolutely terrible, or our management simply don't listen to them.

We do all right signing free agent prospects and bargain bin finds though.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Are people complaining about Bozak because he wasn't drafted?

Would you rather have Gauthier who projects to top out as a 3rd line player (1st round pick, can't remember the draft position), or the undrafted Bozak who is a good 2nd line C or a top end 3rd line?

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Are people complaining about Bozak because he wasn't drafted?

Would you rather have Gauthier who projects to top out as a 3rd line player (1st round pick, can't remember the draft position), or the undrafted Bozak who is a good 2nd line C or a top end 3rd line?

I don't think you should take this thread to seriously. Dementia has over-taken Leaf Nation. (and rightfully so)

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Even if you don't like Bozak, we could trade him for a 2nd at the deadline if we wanted to. That's a 2nd we'd have gotten for free basically. Or a 2nd we didn't have to spend on trading for a Bozak-level player. If you can add free assets why wouldn't you?

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Don't go hating on the NCAA. A lot of the team's most valuable players have college hockey experience. O'Connor would be a great addition to the team's already stable goaltending prospect pool of Bibeau and Sparks. One of the greatest goaltenders in Leafs recent history, Eddie the Eagle Belfour, was also signed as an undrafted free agent out of college. Was that a long time ago? Sure. But there's no reason to not look at college hockey for great prospects.

And if you want to look at Europe, Artemi Panarin is tearing it up in the KHL and no NHL team has his rights. Shanahan and co. would be wise to look at him as an option for the Marlies, and hopefully for the big club.

And then the team should draft me while they're at it too. I have significant beer league experience that will totally translate over to the NHL.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Don't go hating on the NCAA. A lot of the team's most valuable players have college hockey experience. O'Connor would be a great addition to the team's already stable goaltending prospect pool of Bibeau and Sparks. One of the greatest goaltenders in Leafs recent history, Eddie the Eagle Belfour, was also signed as an undrafted free agent out of college. Was that a long time ago? Sure. But there's no reason to not look at college hockey for great prospects.

And if you want to look at Europe, Artemi Panarin is tearing it up in the KHL and no NHL team has his rights. Shanahan and co. would be wise to look at him as an option for the Marlies, and hopefully for the big club.

And then the team should draft me while they're at it too. I have significant beer league experience that will totally translate over to the NHL.

I definitely agree. We have some players in AHL that isn't going to go anywhere and on top of that not helping anyone. They are just bodies in a team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad