Any free wallets available this year

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
BU goaltender Matthew O'Connor is the big name this year.

Toronto boy as well. Oilers, Leafs, and a bunch of other teams looking at him.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
There is a kid, forget what his name is, obviously a beneficiary of playing with Jack Eichel, but putting up big numbers in the NCAA. Toronto Boy. Had decent JR A numbers in his draft year.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
were at 48 contracts, we just gave away 2 players to make up contract space and were gona waste that space on signing some nobody college freeagent? No thank you.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Hoping we can land one or a few of Cj motte, kenney morrison, ahti oksanen from the NCAA free agent crop.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yea! I love free wallets! Just look at how great all of Burke's "free wallets" turned out!

That is how you build a winner...with players nobody else could be bothered drafting.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
enough of these college free agents. they are all trash and a waste of a contract spot.

burke only used them to take the attention away from the lack of firsts we had.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Stay away from them. We're still suffering with Bozak. They are free for a reason.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
enough of these college free agents. they are all trash and a waste of a contract spot.

Funny thing is people bought it. He said something about the player he brought in was the equal of 3 first rounders, or something like that.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Stay away from them. We're still suffering with Bozak. They are free for a reason.

I would not mind to pick up that goalie mentioned earlier. Goalies develop at a different pace and a lot of the really good ones was late draft picks or went undrafted. Very hard to predict goalies.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002

I'll take a Bozak for nothing any day of the week. I know it isn't common to find game changing players but it's worth giving up nothing to try it out.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Why would we not take a chance? We're not suffering because of Bozak, we're suffering because he is miscast.

This team is hardly in a position to ignore any chance at getting better.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Lol at the hate on Bozak. We got the guy for nothing and he's an asset. If this team had a true 1C and Bozak was on the 3rd line the responses in this thread would be the complete opposite. He has his flaws but you can't take away the fact that we gave up absolutely nothing to get him and he is a big contributor to the team - it's not his fault he's in a role in which he doesn't belong.

Sort of reminds of how people felt about Stajan when he was here.

Last edited:

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Oh nice, leafs nation already scouting for the next Bozak; just in time for current Bozak to be traded.

:handclap:

I don't want any part of any player associated with NCAA. No thank you. We have had enough NCAA developed bums in our lineup as is.

Dylbot

Sep 10, 2009
I think all things considered Bozak turned out pretty damn well for the Leafs. The mere fact that he's been miscast as a first line centre tells you he's a solid NHLer.

Also, Scrivens was a main piece in acquiring Bernier.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Oh no, just because the odds of getting a true #1C or #1D are almost 0 people think it's a waste of time. I suppose picking in round 5 through 7 is a waste of time as well, we should just pass on those picks in the future.

Are these the same people who were complaining a couple days ago when we traded future stud 4th liner Broll? They can't be that stupid can they? :facepalm:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oh nice, leafs nation already scouting for the next Bozak; just in time for current Bozak to be traded.

:handclap:

I don't want any part of any player associated with NCAA. No thank you. We have had enough NCAA developed bums in our lineup as is.

... isn't Jack Eichel part of the NCAA?
i mean , he's in college right?

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
I think all things considered Bozak turned out pretty damn well for the Leafs. The mere fact that he's been miscast as a first line centre tells you he's a solid NHLer.

Also, Scrivens was a main piece in acquiring Bernier.

Bang on. It can't hurt if you have the contract space.

Leafspoison*

He's' part of the USA development league, but yes, he is in college too.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
and people actually complaining about Bozak. We could trade Bozak for a pick right now if we wanted to, quite easily. We could probably get a 2nd for him.

But no, that's awful, who wants 2nd round picks. Gross.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
LOL at all the defenders saying Bozaks name.

Bozak was the one college FA we got who was extremely hyped. Every team in the league was trying to get the guy.

Sure, if any available college FA is as hyped as Bozak, get him. Although Bozak isn't even that good of a player.

all the rest were trash an a waste of a contract spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad