Any famous people post on here?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
We have our very own Kevin Kurz over on the SJ side. As famous as it gets

Damn, how could I forget?

For those who don't know, the Sharks' primary beat writer, Kevin Kurz, has an account here and posts regularly. He maintains a thread about his coverage of the team and posts his latest articles regularly. He also comes in from time to time to make a rude, condescending comment in response to a post that mentions him.

Don't believe me? @KKurzNHL

Reactions: RoarBacon

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I remember, a while back, there was a murderer on the loose. I think he had actually been caught killing cats or other animals too, just sickening stuff. He had posted on other Internet forums more but had at least a few posts on here and he was a big fan of Sergei Fedorov. I think that my recollection of it was somebody else mentioning it having happened a while back in the lounge or something like that but I don't think the actual event was happening while I was posting here. I'm sure that a lot of people are reading this post right now thinking "wtf, this guy is crazy", but somebody else is going to quote me and link us to the story and catch you all off guard.

You're talking about the school isle incident? The one that became a meme on lounge?

Edit: Apparently not. What a crazy story.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`m famous enough that I know Saku Koivu pretty close. Even played together and against eachother in juniors. Soccer though. Me ofc more than often beeing on the loosing side when faced him... :D

Reactions: KingTrouty

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I would say plenty of hockey media and management/scouts read the forum but don't necessarily post. I doubt many players do, though.

Reactions: KingTrouty

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I would say plenty of hockey media and management/scouts read the forum but don't necessarily post. I doubt many players do, though.

I`m on the same page as you. If someone that covers hockey in media doesn`t follow HF, I`m surprised. Many people here have good insight in teams and follow prospects very closely. I know that a few of the finnish posters here have friends that are NHL-players and know stuff most doesnt. Most of the knowledge you cant ofc post here, but sometimes someone hints about things if you can read between the lines, so I fully understand why scouts and media should follow HF.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Like discussed in a thread some time ago, I'm basically almost in the NHL (sarcasm ;) ) because I played junior hockey in the same team as Jesse Puljujärvi and Ville Pokka, 10 years before they did :D

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad