Any Dmen available out there???

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You don't think that once in a blue moon, a player comes along who has things he cares about more than money?

You clearly have not paid any attention to what has been going on with Paul Ranger in the last few years if you think he is willing to play anywhere. Go do some reading up on his situation and come back and tell me he'd sign here.

Yep, exactly right. I remember reading somewhere when he eventually came back, he specifically said he didn't want to play anyplace but Toronto and be near family and friends.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Regher reasonable cap hit rental. Solid defensive player and 32 yrs old. Buffalo really struggling and may open the sale doors if it continues.

Faulk-Gleason
Pitkanen-Regher

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm not sure which image is harder to shake, Commodore lying in bed with the cash, or him with some random chick, who is not wearing panties, straddling him at a club in downtown Raleigh.

The first one still gives me the free willies. Haven't seen the second one.

Back on topic, Anton is the obvious choice, but if Calgary and Bufflatucky continue to struggle, I'd wager Regehr and Bouwmeester could be had for not to steep a price

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
The first one still gives me the free willies. Haven't seen the second one.

I searched for the 2nd one. I couldn't find it again. It made the rounds years ago when it happened. I think it was one of those "spotlight" downtown nightlife photographers, and he was taking pics of Commodore's birthday at a Glenwood South nightclub. Somewhere, he posted a link to his photos, and the one with the "oopsy, she ain't wearing no panties" shot gained in popularity!

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Yannick Weber and Tomas Kaberle are available.

tumblr_lvonfuUONn1qezlbwo1_500.gif

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I could see us going for one of those "change-of-scenery" deals that have worked for us in the past. Perhaps an expiring contract like Ryan Whitney from the Oilers? Apparently, he's been terrible this season, enough to get him benched, but he has an otherwise good reputation as a decently-responsible, top-4 worthy PMD, and has time to turn it around. Perhaps a straight Corvo-for-Whitney swap at the number 7 D-spot would be a decent gamble?

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Perhaps an expiring contract like Ryan Whitney from the Oilers?
Another hyped player from 2002 entry draft? We already have Ward, Pitkanen and Semin. Who's next? JBo, Ballard, Whitney... or Babchuk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad