Any Chance Kopitar Wins the Hart?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Knew it was only a matter of time before we found a catch-all 'trash the Kings' thread but I figured it would be when we were slumping.

"system goalie"

"bergeron better"

No "due doughty" mentions though, so there' sthat

Reactions: Sol and King'sPawn

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
So you're using points, assists, plus/minus here now? Brilliant.

Just showing you that Bergeron being better than Kopitar has no basis in reality.

Only in your dreams Bergeron is better.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Yes I do. More than you will ever know. His backup has some outstanding numbers playing for the Kings. Better numbers than Quick. Will you guys listen. I never said Quick was a bad goalie but he doesn't carry this team.

You really have to stop posting once people here figured out you don't watch the kings, as you clearly only look at statistics.

It amazes me the number of people who can comment on posts and have not watch any games regarding a team.

If you were to only watch one kings game this year, please go watch the game in Detroit then come back and let us know your thoughts. Otherwise, please refrain from further posts in this thread until you do more than click on the team stats page

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If he sustains this production with a rookie winger and if the Kings sustain their win % then yes in my books he should be a Hart nominee with Kucherov

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Kings system = extremely high corsi #s even with a bad squad

^ this hurts someone like Jonathan Quick. Hate his antics, but he's underrated on this site

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
2007-2008 & 2008-2009 Datsyuk had back-to-back 97 point seasons where he won the Selke both years and came 4th in league scoring both years.

He came 9th in Hart voting in 2008, and a very distant 3rd in 2009 (Ovechkin had 1264 points from voting, Datsyuk had 404).

The Hart Trophy has also exclusively gone to Art Ross or Rocket Richard trophy winners since the 2004 lockout, except one year where a goalie (Price) won it. So I doubt Kopitar has a legit chance. The voters like offence.
Well it depends on how far off offensively from the art trophy winner. In the two seasons you mentioned, Datsyuk was around 15 and 16 points off of the Art trophy winner, and 34 fewer goals than Ovechkin in 07-08.

If he's only ~5 points off the leader it could be a different story.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Kings system = extremely high corsi #s even with a bad squad

^ this hurts someone like Jonathan Quick. Hate his antics, but he's underrated on this site

Forgive me if I'm wrong as I'm not into advanced stats but the kings don't play the same system, and I believe they are no where near being the leader in corsi this year.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Well it depends on how far off offensively from the art trophy winner. In the two seasons you mentioned, Datsyuk was around 15 and 16 points off of the Art trophy winner, and 34 fewer goals than Ovechkin in 07-08.

If he's only ~5 points off the leader it could be a different story.

Sure, but if they all continue at their current PPG, he'll finish 18 points behind Stamkos/Kucherov.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I was referring to the Stanley cup seasons. I'm saying it was the defensive system that won the cups. Not quick.

So what you're saying is that you are unable to, incapable of, or refuse to differentiate between Sutter-coached teams from the past several years and a Stevens-coached team this year and how that might affect an analysis of Quick's play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad