Waived: Antti Raanta

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Im sure it's a little bit awkward, but at the same time, Raanta is a veteran player. He knows it's a business and he knows his play before being sent down wasn't up to snuff. There won't be any bad blood outside of the expected "Oh God, how quick can he find his game again"

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Uhh who is this person? Seems like completely random speculation. Raanta accepted playing in the AHL and said he wanted to work his way back to contributing to the Canes, why would he not want that chance again right now?
He's covered or commented on the team for years especially the youth hockey programs.

RBA's comments weren't the most positive either. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Uhh who is this person? Seems like completely random speculation. Raanta accepted playing in the AHL and said he wanted to work his way back to contributing to the Canes, why would he not want that chance again right now?
I mean, it may be random speculation, but it's certainly reasonable random speculation, isn't it? How can this *not* be at least a little bit awkward?

Just seemed like a humorous take, not a crazy org takedown or anything.

One thing I'm sure of: everyone would absolutely love to see Rants pitch a shutout tonight. So here's hoping. Goalies are voodoo.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
This kinda makes me wonder if maybe Rod has a bit more of an attachment to Perets than he's letting on. Which would make sense, given how close he was to Quinnipiac last season.
Or he might be a bit fed up with management not fixing a problem he clearly thinks is "the most important position". To me, this seems targeted at more than one audience at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad