Player Discussion Anton Rodin (Released from contract)

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Sedin-Sedin-Sutter
Baert-Horvat-Hansen
Burrows-Granlund-Rodin
Gaunce-McCann-Dorsett

Virtanen to the AHL (But we all know Dim Jim won't do that)

Probably

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen/Burrows
Baert Sutter Rodin
???? Horvat Burrows
???? Granlund Dorsett

Virtanen and McCann down in the AHL and you know they are going to stick Granlund in the lineup regardless of how he performs. Wouldn't be surprised if they bump Horvat down with Dorsett to try to make Granlund look good.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
If I'm not mistaken, before his previous round of injuries right before he came over the fīrst time, Rodin, while not a caveman, wasn't a guy that avoided the messy parts of the ice.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He probably won't amount to much, but i'm just glad that we have a new face on the team at this point. the team is just boring the way it is.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Saw Rodin a few times with the Chicago Wolves, when they played the Heat in Abby....guy was obviously playing with a bum shoulder....showed flashes of skill, but invisible most nights....and was bounced off the puck with ease....if he can learn to battle like Baertshi has, just maybe he can make it.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
If I'm not mistaken, before his previous round of injuries right before he came over the fīrst time, Rodin, while not a caveman, wasn't a guy that avoided the messy parts of the ice.

If he's a quick player and good at puck retrieval along the boards, I would try the MVP along side the twins.
He won't work if he's stylistically a Baertschi or Vrbata type of player.
If he has some Hansen or prime Burrows tenacity in him... he could be a great fit.

If he fits a long side the twins (which i don't think he will)... it would provide some good flexibility n depth down the lineup...

Sedin - Sedin - Rodin
Gaunce - Sutter - Hansen
Baertschi - Horvat- Virtanen
Dorsett - Granlund - Etem

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Sedin - Sedin - Lucic
Rodin - Matthews - Hansen
Baertschi - Horvat- Virtanen
Etem - Sutter - Dorsett
Granlund
Gaunce

Trade Burrows for whatever you can get.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I can't speak for what he did in Sweden, but while he was in Chicago he avoided contact more than any other player I've ever seen in the organization in the last 2 decades. Wouldn't go anywhere near contact and actively ducked out of hits with regularity.

Hopefully he's a different player now. His skating ability is in the top 5% of NHL forwards.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
He can't join the Canucks this season as he would have to clear waivers. The contract starts next season.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007

Highlight package.

Gameplay package.

Can't definitively scout from two youtube clips, but there are some take aways. He's a good skater and has an accurate shot. Has the ability to snipe from distance although a few of his goals were from around the crease and in most of those cases he was physically unimpeded. He's good at creating space with his speed and finding lanes and soft spots for scoring chances, and was definitely a beneficiary of good playmaking and passes on many of his goals. Not really a perimeter player and often skated through the center of the offensive zone or stopped near the crease. That said, he certainly had more room on the ice and less physical encounters to go to the center than he would in the NHL. Didn't really engage in many physical battles aside from the odd times he moved to the front of the net. Not really a presence defensively; sometimes cheating for offensive opportunities and sometimes floating or losing his man although there were moments where he was aggressive with his stick when the puck was in his area. Good positionally as a forechecker, probably because of his skating and good stick, and was good at keeping defenses on their heels and occasionally causing turnovers (some of this is from two games I watched by chance that aren't on youtube).

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Seems to worth a shot, for less than a 1mil and one year. Let's see what if anything can this guy do here in NHL next year.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Would love to see Dorsett and Burrows dealt in the offseason. I honestly have no idea what their plan is next season with too many Centers/Wingers.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Gaunce-Horvat-Virtanen
Bae-Granlund-Etem
Burrows-Sutter-Dorsett
Rodin-McCann-Grenier
Higgins-Vey

Looks like a big mess with a bunch of question marks to me :help:
Gaunce does not even look like an NHL player, let alone a 2nd liner. awful

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Not sure if that's true.
Since he was already Canucks property he shouldn't need waivers this year.

I think you're right.

Plus why would the Canucks want him in the NHL this season when it would make him a group 6 UFA this July 1.

Plus he's injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad