Anton Lundell VS Tim Stutzle

Who is a better player Stutzle or Lundell

• Total voters

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Did you watch Lundell on tv last year? His two-way game was out of the roof. Lundell surely was better last year and Stutzle just delivered on pp so can't blame anyone on voting Lundell. This year easily Stutzle, we will see next year after Tool Maurice is fired
Lundell just not talented enough to be compared to Stutzle. And that's not a knock on Lundell.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Stutzle has ~2.5 times as many points as Lundell does this year.

It's quite possible that Stutzle will put up more points this season as Lundell has for his first two seasons - currently 84 to 76.

I think it's pretty conclusive.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Did you watch Lundell on tv last year? His two-way game was out of the roof. Lundell surely was better last year and Stutzle just delivered on pp so can't blame anyone on voting Lundell. This year easily Stutzle, we will see next year after Tool Maurice is fired

Once again, you're talking about production.

Stutzle looked noticeably more dynamic with the puck. He was more often a threat. A quicker more agile skater. Better stickhandler. Etc.

This is what I'm talking about. The raw tools were noticeably on stutzles side.

You think he got way quicker and better stickhandler over night or you think he learned how to put everything together to take advantage of players on the ice using his skills? I'd say the latter, quite obviously.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think Lundell's ceiling is what we had in Stephen Weiss. A good 2C. But we're far from that right now. He's got a lot of work to do to get there. And it's a long shot if he does.
I never got the hype. He was hyped like a future franchise centerman.

Well, in terms of points Weiss reached Lundell's current total in year five of his NHL career and he had been drafted fourth overall.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Maybe, but teammates don't really excuse 65 points in 93 AHL games, that was his level at 21.
I don't see what you're saying. That Lundell is going to be better than Weiss? Maybe, maybe not. But he still has a long way to go. Because if we are going just by raw numbers, what are we doing with this season from Lundell?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't see what you're saying. That Lundell is going to be better than Weiss? Maybe, maybe not. But he still has a long way to go. Because we are going just by raw numbers, what are we doing with this season from Lundell?
Just that Weiss had a peak of perhaps four years in his late 20s somewhat better than Lundell's rookie year and he was a significantly higher-ranked prospect to start with. Lundell's now going through a sophomore slump, but Weiss had fallen to an irrelevant AHLer at this point of his own career and then rebounded as described above.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Just that Weiss had a peak of perhaps four years in his late 20s somewhat better than Lundell's rookie year and he was a significantly higher-ranked prospect to start with. Lundell's now going through a sophomore slump, but Weiss had fallen to an irrelevant AHLer at this point of his own career and then rebounded as described above.
And after watching both, Weiss to me had a better toolset. And again, that's why like I said, last year Lundell was playing for a team who was historically good offensively. He benefited from that. Put Weiss in that same situation and he accumulates a lot of points too. Not only was Lundell playing on a team that scored a lot. He was given some of the best linemates one could get on that team. And that is especially important to point out since a lot of rookies don't get the linemates that he had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad