Confirmed with Link: Anton Lindholm signs ELC

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well I guess it's a prospect signing so that's good I guess. I was not expecting to sign Lindholm so that is a pleasant surprise. At least it shows they are still paying attention to their Euro prospects.

I know very little about Lindholm so I can't add anything new. But from the sounds of it he had a solid year in the SEL so that is promising and plus he just played on the World Championship team so he can't be complete trash.

I assume he will fill an AHL roll for a couple season then he'll probably end up back in Europe. I'm not really ever expecting him to make it to the NHL.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Never a bad thing to take a chance with an ELC with some of these guys like Lindholm. You never know how he'll continue progressing, or how he'll adapt to NA ice and the NA style of game. If we get a coach that possesses the ability to help develop young players, then who knows what we'll get, it could turn out to be a good move. Something like this is always good to keep an open mind on, in my view.

Now, let's get Boikov in with his ELC and see what else the Avs do for SA this summer.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Token European summer signing

Have any of them really worked out? I think we just get excited because they're European.

its not a free agent signing, anton lindholm is drafted by colorado. many european players drafted by colorado have worked out well.

and there is pleny of non drafted european that plays in nhl and does good. zucarello, panarin, melker karlsson, bellemare, raffl etc

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Decent. Why not if we have space.

Lets see if he can earn that deal and if we ever see him in the NHL.

I'm not one who celebrates getting these kind of deals done, remember people jumping up and down over Geertsen.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Good to see it done... Lindholm is a worthwhile project. Worst case he bombs and heads back in 3 years. Decent chance he becomes a decent AHL defender.

Awaiting a couple other ELC deals now...

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So assuming Z and Bigras are in the big club all year like Joe said. SA's signed defense for next year is currently looking like:

Lindholm
Geertsen
Clark

:laugh: we need some more news.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So assuming Z and Bigras are in the big club all year like Joe said. SA's signed defense for next year is currently looking like:

Lindholm
Geertsen
Clark

:laugh: we need some more news.

Corbett should be in there as well. I'm sure more news will filter down soon.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Siemens likely will come back on a QO as well, but that signing probably won't happen until July. Boikov is likely going to get a contract as well. That moves it up to 6. A couple AHL vets/Euro free agents and the defense is pretty well set. Defense is really the one area where we all have a decent idea of what is going on in San Antonio.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Siemens likely will come back on a QO as well, but that signing probably won't happen until July. Boikov is likely going to get a contract as well. That moves it up to 6. A couple AHL vets/Euro free agents and the defense is pretty well set. Defense is really the one area where we all have a decent idea of what is going on in San Antonio.

I could see Guenin sticking around for another year to see how it goes. The Avs know what a good locker room presence he is and could offer some help to the new staff in SA as a liaison between the staff and players. He would have to know and accept that as his role but if the Avs want him back, I could see him doing the organization that gave him so many opportunities with the big club a solid. I would really like it if he was the vet on D (prefer him over Clark). I could see Corbett splitting time with Ft. Wayne again too, depending how the organization and new coaching staff feels about him.

Up front, I could see Street and Beck both returning for the vet roles there. Probably some others as well. I would personally like to see Pepin get a shot on an ELC to develop his game further but we would definitely have to have the right coach for him to get the most out of him.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Really good to see. Do we have any idea who the head coach of the Rampage is going to be next season?

I know Kono was rumored.

Whoever it is, I hope they actually invest into developing their players there rather than just having it as some weird storage container for prospects. Seriously, when will the Avs get that you actually need to invest the time and money into development rather than just letting them stew for a while in mediocrity?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00