Confirmed with Link: Anton Lander Signed to 2 year deal

McDeathbyCheerios*

Very very deserved.

Thanks MacT for not screwing this up

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Congrats Landie!!

4 or 5 years would have been nice! It would give Draisaitl and Yakimov some more development time.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I think the last time we signed Lander I posted something like "Lander is really good at doing nothing".

It's nice to see him contributing now.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Congrats Landie!!

4 or 5 years would have been nice! It would give Draisaitl and Yakimov some more development time.
It's probably a two year bridge at a lower amount to see if he keeps improving or if he stagnates. Good for the team and him imo

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Good for Anton! I just hope that Nelson stays around to continue the work that he's done so far.

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
I'm curious what the money will be but I'm glad they got him resigned.

Watching Cogliano last night was really frustrating. It's part of the reason this team has struggled for so long - letting young pieces go while getting nothing but futures in return. Hopefully this deal is a sign that the Oilers are recognizing the importance of keeping young players around.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
He's gonna be our Andrew Ladd. Captain, leading scorer, voted most beautiful by his peers...

But most importantly, can we settle on calling him Lander Calrissian?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Watching Cogliano last night was really frustrating. It's part of the reason this team has struggled for so long - letting young pieces go while getting nothing but futures in return. Hopefully this deal is a sign that the Oilers are recognizing the importance of keeping young players around.
Cogliano is playing on their 4th libe

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Very very deserved.

Thanks MacT for not screwing this up

He did put him on waivers earlier this year lol. Granted I thought Anton was a bust too. Now I have hopes he can be a poor man's Zetterberg. His work ethic is renowned so maybe he can get ther. Todd Nelson deserves credit for this too.

Congrats Anton.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Depending on his UFA status, the term is perfect. If he's the heir apparent to Gordon, and Gordon's deal is up after next season, then we get one more year of grooming and one year as the de facto checking center (for lack of a better term) before his next contract.

I just hope he remains an RFA after those years. He'll be 26 when the deal is over, and I don't know what that means in terms of UFA status.

Love this kid. To me, he's the Swedish Fernando Pisani (who plays C).

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Cogliano didn't want to adapt his game while playing for the Oilers.

Management had no choice and frankly, Gagner *was* better offensively.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Depending on his UFA status, the term is perfect. If he's the heir apparent to Gordon, and Gordon's deal is up after next season, then we get one more year of grooming and one year as the de facto checking center (for lack of a better term) before his next contract.

I just hope he remains an RFA after those years. He'll be 26 when the deal is over, and I don't know what that means in terms of UFA status.

Love this kid. To me, he's the Swedish Fernando Pisani (who plays C).
I think he will be our 3rd line center for a while once Draisaitl is ready for his 2nd line duties. Yakimov or someone else will be our 4th liner I thinn

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
One of the rare times the Oilers do something right. To think they would have lost him of waivers earlier in the season !

When this organization does something right it seems like a fluke (ie. not signing Clarkson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad