Waived: Anton Khudobin

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That's good. Now if Gibson can ever prove he can stay healthy we may be able to turn Andersen into some form of assets down the line.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
See ya, Anton "Could-a-been".

I never quite figured the translitteration of the Russian H. I realize that the harsh [x] sound does not have an English equivalent, but an initial K is way overboard. There's no K sound to be found in the original pronunciation. It's more like a WH really, as in who-DOH-bin. Make it "Who'd've-been" then. :sarcasm:

DaDucks*

Best news of the season ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I remember a few people insisting that Khudobin was not just a throw in, and that it was a legit hockey trade.

Although I guess even a waived Khudobin in the AHL is contributing more than Wisniewski's ACL right now.

Oct 18, 2011
I remember a few people insisting that Khudobin was not just a throw in, and that it was a legit hockey trade.

Although I guess even a waived Khudobin in the AHL is contributing more than Wisniewski's ACL right now.

khudobin had a career .919 save % before coming here....i seriously wonder about our goalie coaching because he looked so bad besides like one game for us

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
khudobin had a career .919 save % before coming here....i seriously wonder about our goalie coaching because he looked so bad besides like one game for us

He was always up and down and streaky with the Canes. I'm not sure how much our goaltending coach has to do with it. He's an adequate backup but is too inconsistent and reliant on reflexes to be anything more.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

He was only 90.0% last season. Saw him play for Russia in the EHT last year also, one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a goalie at a high level. Think he got yanked after 5 goals or so, with 77.3 svs%. Although he didn't have much help in that game either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad