Waived: Anton Khudobin

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
As long as colorado doesn't claim him i'm ok with it either way. Colorado taking beauch, wagner, and sidelining despres for seemingly forever has individually done about the same amount of disaster to this team as BM has.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hopefully he makes it down so we have someone to call up in case of injury. Although it looks like Calgary and Phoenix both really need a goalie about now though.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Seems pretty risky. We will be scrambling for a goalie at the first injury if he gets claimed. Especially when none of the three are game stealers - they all lose when the team defense in front of them is questionable.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
This is an expected move, there was no way Gibson was returning to the Gulls after his recent performance.

It would be amazing for the entire organization, if Doby cleared waivers. The Ducks get to keep Gibson up and the Gulls would be able to ice a tandem of Khudobin and Hackett, which is a very good situation from an AHL perspective.

If Khudobin is claimed, the organization has to get a depth goalie somehow. The new goalie would primarily be an AHL signing, but it doesn't hurt to have a borderline NHL-caliber goalie as the designated #3 guy.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Until the playoffs, we don't really need a better 3rd goalie than Hackett. Should be able to get a rental 3rd goalie at the deadline for super cheap. Anyone know how Hackett has looked with the Gulls btw? He was a pretty high touted prospect some years ago, and goalies usually take longer to develop. There's not plenty of goalies born in the 90's playing in the NHL.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Until the playoffs, we don't really need a better 3rd goalie than Hackett. Should be able to get a rental 3rd goalie at the deadline for super cheap. Anyone know how Hackett has looked with the Gulls btw? He was a pretty high touted prospect some years ago, and goalies usually take longer to develop. There's not plenty of goalies born in the 90's playing in the NHL.

Hackett just returned from an injury, and while he was absent, the Gulls were starting Faragher and signed a couple of PTO guys to back him up. So yeah, the Gulls could use another goalie, now that it's certain that Gibson won't be returning.

Khudobin not getting claimed would be good.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Not true. I'm sure they want the Gulls to have competent net minding as well.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Not true. I'm sure they want the Gulls to have competent net minding as well.

It's just this year we are starting to see more goalies born in the 90's. And many of the goalies in the 90's are born exactly 1990, same age as Hackett. He's never gonna reach the upside he was touted to have 4-5 years ago, but he should still have the potential to be a good #3 at least or even a low end backup. I think we are very deep in net with him as our #4.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
So who should be the starter in your opinion? Is it Gibson's to lose at the moment? Could they possibly split games?

If I had to decide, I'd try to run Gibby 2 games, Andersen 1 game, rinse and repeat. In addition, I'd always split back-to-back games. I'd go with this at least until one guy pulled away.

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
If he gets claimed then I will be even more furious. This organization has continued to squander our chance at a cup. We have gave a prospect and a 2nd to get Wiz. Didn't use Wiz. Traded him for a backup and now waive the backup?

In addition to that we traded and 2nd to get "top 4" defensemen Bieksa? This asset management over the last year has been atrocious. I am afraid that BM is good at building a team but doesn't know how to put us over the top

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Good news for us. Should help SD quite a bit. He relies on reflexes a lot so he should have more success at the AHL level.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
He cleared.

Our goaltending depth doesn't take the hit.

This is a very good result for us. We now have three NHL-capable goalies, who can move between the Ducks and the Gulls when needed. Assuming that Bob knows what "waiver eligible" means this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad