Rumor: Anton Khudobin has Vancouver on his list

Surperior niemi

Feb 2, 2019
not a Vancouver fan and not a Dallas fan but what has Khudobin been asking for? Can van even afford him if they can't get markstrom?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Swapping out Markstrom for Khudobin doesn't make much sense for Vancouver. They need someone more stable in net than those two for a team like theirs. Khudobin isn't looking to back-up either, even though that's probably where he should live at this point.

Save the $, roll with Demko and try to find a vet content with being a backup if your VAN. A shortened season is an ideal way to ease TD into the starter position.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
not a Vancouver fan and not a Dallas fan but what has Khudobin been asking for? Can van even afford him if they can't get markstrom?

3 years between 3-4 million . 3 years is IRC a sticking point. PRetty sure if it weren't Stars would've re-signed him already.

Reactions: CanuckCity

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Seems like every player has expressed interest in Vancouver recently.

As long as the GM can correctly filter out the duds and sign the right ones for once, it's a good situation to be in.

If I was Khudobin, I think I'd be looking for a 3 yr/3m kinda deal. Maybe some performance bonuses in there.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As long as the GM can correctly filter out the duds and sign the right ones for once, it's a good situation to be in.

If I was Khudobin, I think I'd be looking for a 3 yr/3m kinda deal. Maybe some performance bonuses in there.
He can't get a performance bonus. He's not over 35 signing a 1 year deal.

Reactions: TootooTrain

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd do 2x3 without any trade protection. 34 YO career back up in a very saturated market won't get him a huge deal, regardless of how good he was in the post season.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Strange feeling having players have Vancouver on their list. It's been a while since that last occurred. Must be a sign we're headed right direction finally.
May need to move Benning out to take that next step

His ability to draft (or hire the right folks to draft) is great but his signing of free agents is brutal

If Vancouver was smarter about deals they handed out the last few years, theyd have enough cap to save their best guys and shop for a scorer like Hall or a defenseman like Pietrangelo

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

His ability to draft (or hire the right folks to draft) is great but his signing of free agents is brutal

If Vancouver was smarter about deals they handed out the last few years, theyd have enough cap to save their best guys and shop for a scorer like Hall or a defenseman like Pietrangelo

But then again, I'd say every team has multiple regrettable contracts that are screwing them now. It's not just Van

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

I agree shame we didn't keep Laurence Gilman after Benning arrived. He handled contracts and Cap planning for Mike Gillis and did a fabulous job.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Fair comments. At least a new GM will have a decent core to deal with and build around.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
If you guys are going to make a thread for everything Dhaliwal randomly thinks of while he is browsing the internet, there are not going to be enough space on the server.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
If Vancouver cant re-sign Markstrom then someone like Khudobin makes a lot of sense. Khudobin would be cheaper than Markstrom, for less term, and he could split games with Demko until Demko takes over as their #1.

Reactions: deckercky

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
khudobin

upload_2020-10-8_12-19-15.gif

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

He's crushed at trading as well for a few years. You've got to go back to the Gudbrason one 4 years ago to find one that he didn't do well in. We've gone Playoffs to 5 year rebuild to Playoffs. That is far better than the vast majority of rebuilds in the cap era. Benning is a very good GM despite what HF would have you believe.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Seems like every player has expressed interest in Vancouver recently.

Yup, if I was Jim Benning I'm only going after players who's #1 priority is winning and not cashing in on a big contract.

He's spent enough garbage money.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

Exactly why we need to get rid of the moron. If we didn’t waste our space on Eriksson, Sutter, Beagle, Ferland and Russell, we would have a little over 19.7 million in cap space available. On top of the space we have free at the moment, that would be enough to go for both Pietrangelo and Hall as well as re-sign Markstrom and have a lot of cap space remaining to sign bottom 6 players. But nope, instead we find ourselves stuck trying to move cap space, and the best part about it? We had fans that actually tried to tell some of us that he signed those contracts because we wouldn’t be contenders during that time frame. Imagine jumping through so many hoops to try to justify those trash deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad