Player Discussion Anton Forsberg

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He is our starting goalie next year, not Gus and not Murray. If he keeps this play up, we might have a situation that Vancouver had with Markstrom and Demko. Both were playing well but it was time to move on from Markstrom and let Demko take the reigns. We need Gus to get better while we have Forsberg playing phenomenally

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Forsberg has been great & this team will need him to be great for them to have any chance at making the playoffs. It will be interesting what happens with Murray next yr but the good news is that it will give both Gustavsson & Sogaard another yr to improve & get NHL ready. At some point next season I expect that the Sens will make a decision on Murray & likely move on after next yr.

dekem

Sep 2, 2005
Forsberg has been great & this team will need him to be great for them to have any chance at making the playoffs. It will be interesting what happens with Murray next yr but the good news is that it will give both Gustavsson & Sogaard another yr to improve & get NHL ready. At some point next season I expect that the Sens will make a decision on Murray & likely move on after next yr.
I believe Gus will not be here next year if Murray plays, he can’t be sent to Belleville due to one way contract.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If yall think we are going to pay our goalies a collective ~ 10 million as a budget team, I unno what to tell you, lol.

Matt Murray is gone. We gonna ride with Forsberg and Gustavsson and try to find a cheap option as we go if both terribly stumble.

The 2.75 million for Forsberg means he is our number 1. Matt Murray can't stay healthy.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Everytime he's in, he shows not only effort, but the ability to keep a young team in the game. I'm confident in him - unlike Murray. He's our number one, Murray can back HIM up.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If yall think we are going to pay our goalies a collective ~ 10 million as a budget team, I unno what to tell you, lol.

Matt Murray is gone. We gonna ride with Forsberg and Gustavsson and try to find a cheap option as we go if both terribly stumble.

The 2.75 million for Forsberg means he is our number 1. Matt Murray can't stay healthy.

My feeling is they really want to get rid of him but it'll be tough...

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I believe Gus will not be here next year if Murray plays, he can’t be sent to Belleville due to one way contract.
It could take half a season, but one of them will likely be gone at some point next season. It makes more sense IMO to keep the younger guy with potential.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Buy him out
I'd wonder how long it will take for the ownership situation to resolve and transfer, and how much leeway the interim management team has in terms of making larger financial commitments? I'm not saying I have the answers, but just wonder about this. I've seen somewhat similar situations take some time to resolve.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Is Forsberg a steady/ dependable goalie, or will he turn out to be another Hamburgler or Condon? Man, this team has had trouble finding quality netminders.

he looks a lot more calm and in control in the net than those 2, but its always a risk for sure. I think he's just a late bloomer though. Takes some longer to figure it out.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Bruce said a few weeks ago he doesn’t see a Murray buyout this summer, so I don’t think that’s the plan.

He’s always on LTIR anyway and Sens know this. They won’t actually end up paying his full salary so I don’t see it as a huge financial issue.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
If Murray gets games in before the end of season, the best thing for all involved would be a minor incident that forces an LTIRetirement. That may sound nasty, but it’s clear from previous injuries that he is risking his health and well-being out there.

A little bump that should be nothing results in months away, it’s not a safe situation for him to be on the ice anymore IMO. he finally proved to sens that he still had it- his last stretch was great goaltending - but he’s clearly fragile and shouldn’t be risking the rest of his life. Take the LTIR til his contract is done, and give up the farce that it’s a reasonable goal to come back as a regular starter.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
No need at some point by US Thanksgiving Murray will have another long term injury. It’s unfortunate but true.

with the Sens luck he'll be healthy and terrible next season lol

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
No need at some point by US Thanksgiving Murray will have another long term injury. It’s unfortunate but true.

sure but by then we will have most likely lost gus on waivers

Gus hasnt been great this year but we are writing him off way too quickly

Reactions: JackieDaytona

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
sure but by then we will have most likely lost gus on waivers

Gus hasnt been great this year but we are writing him off way too quickly
I’m not writing Gus off at all. There is no guarantee he will get claimed to open the season but even if he does we have committed 3 years to Forsberg for better or worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad