GDT: anton dubinchuks special hurricanes vs canuckistan vancouverians

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If we're all telling our personal story from last night and all...

The stream from FoxSportGo conked out with 8 minutes to go in the first and I couldn't get back on until just before the first goal of the 3rd period. Because I had been away from the TV for the Canucks' first goal, I saw all 8 Hurricanes goals live, but Sutter's goal was the only bad one I saw, so as far as I'm concerned, the final score was 8-1.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Whoever said it was a Christmas miracle was damned right.

Last night was bizarre in section 333. All these kids were just packed around us with their families, because it was some kind of weird "let's let all the kids sing at the hockey game" kind of thing. And none of the families were there for the hockey. At. All. The guy beside my wife was in a texting argument with his ex. The kids were mostly terrors, and when the Canucks scored the 5th, a bunch of them started yelling "LET'S GO VANCOOOOOOOUVER!"

And then, miraculously, they left. Which prevented us from leaving, because there was no way Mrs. Hank was gonna sit through another period of that ********.

So 333 went from almost entirely full to 75% empty, which gave me plenty of room to dance my assbutts off at every goal.

I can't remember being happier at a Canes game since -- oh, I dunno, 2009.

I hope it's the kind of win that will get fans coming back through the turnstiles.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I can't remember being happier at a Canes game since -- oh, I dunno, 2009.

I hope it's the kind of win that will get fans coming back through the turnstiles.

Yep, My buddy and I were commenting that we haven't left the arena feeling that good in ages. Now, how do the Canes turn THAT into getting fans back? For those of us that were there, sure, can't wait to go to another game.

For other fans? I think stringing together a number of wins and building on this home winning streak could go a long way to creating the buzz.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Man, I just had to bump this again.

This **** is legendary.

Yes! This was the best part. I was reading the thread last night during the second intermission and the start of the third and was laughing my ass off at that quote and it's subsequent re-quotes. Good times.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
If we're all telling our personal story from last night and all...

Anytime a game is going really badly, I just turn it off and find something else to do to get my mind right. Sort of a mental health exercise. Last night as the 2nd period was ending I got up and went to the grocery store to get a few things we needed. I was gone no longer than 15-20 minutes total. Got back home, computer was still on streaming the game, but it was all background noise to me as I'm putting away the groceries, I walk back into my office where the computer is and see the score and I started giggling uncontrollably. My wife is all irritated going "What's so funny?" and I point to the score and she's like "So they're winning now, why's that so funny?" I never could come up with a proper explanation as to why I couldn't stop laughing.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Man, I just had to bump this again.

This **** is legendary.

Legendary.....maybe even a little magic.....but nothing is quite up to reading this thread and then going over and reading the VanCity thread....even a few shout outs for the way Ronnie is building this team.

Depression is a terrible thing....

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Festive poles?

0307-gary-busey-ex.jpg

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
My story:

Turned the game off at 4-2 to play Rocket League (I'm fairly awful) with some friends. Get a bunch of texts from BanginLikeaBiscuit over a ~15 minute span and I'm mentally like "What the ****, dude?" and then see it's 6-5.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I see we've already begun the Airing of Grievances, then.

"I GOT A LOTTA PROBLEMS WITH THIS PHONE!!!"

I bought mine from India and it doesn't support LTE at 800 MHz and in my stupid scarcely populated country most of the LTE network is 800 MHz. This is seriously effecting on my hockey viewing.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I bought mine from India and it doesn't support LTE at 800 MHz and in my stupid scarcely populated country most of the LTE network is 800 MHz. This is seriously effecting on my hockey viewing.

I'd say it's time for a new phone #newphone....or do I need to put up a poll for that....maybe Lech Walesa can answer for the universe....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad