Antoine Roussel Bites Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm aware of that. Should I conclude that you're okay with players biting the fingers of other players who jam rheir fingers into their mouths? If not, why not? What's the specific connection between violence being sanctioned differently within a sport and this particular form of violence being unacceptable?
I fail to see the connection between that and this play, though. If someone willingly puts their fingers/hand into someone's mouth it has a great possibility of being bitten. That's obviously not the brightest thing to do.

There is a code in hockey violence and purposely biting someone breaks it. Players will always get scratched, hair pulled, face washed etc. Most of the time it is unintentional and goes with the territory in scrums.

Rousell earlier in the game cross checked Brendan Dillon, who is 6'4" just below the throat. The guy had bad intent the entire game.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
There comes a time you can't be mad at the rat for being a rat. The league has to ask itself why they let rats in the game.

There's a line though, before which you can be effective at... well, being a rat. I don't mind having an agitator on the team.

I think it's fairly safe to say that the line was crossed though.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
There's a line though, before which you can be effective at... well, being a rat. I don't mind having an agitator on the team.

I think it's fairly safe to say that the line was crossed though.

I respectfully disagree. I would rather have an enforcer than a rat who licks, bites, or otherwise thrives off of being annoying, crossing lines respectable players wouldn't do.

If Roussel did less of the ratty stuff, his hockey skill would be more respected. But the league, with this fine are making a very weak statement

Reactions: Grimm

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Guy fancies himself the next Sean Avery or something. It was hilarious watching him on Dallas try to get Buff all riled up only to see him turtling on the ice a split second later fearing for his life.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Seeing that Vlasic's hand was in fist I don't think he was in the process of trying to stick into Roussel's mouth. You can try it yourself at home , try fitting your fist into your mouth.

I know this is supposed to be a very serious thread and all, but come on, this is a yo' mama joke teed up and ready to be sent down that juicy, fat fairway. Is no one going to take a swing at it, or at least poke at it? Hahah.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
$5000? For biting. Wow this is brutal. Not much of deterrent at all for further bites.
I hate what burrows and roussel did, but funny how both of them were tied up by the linemen and the other player got lose. Roussel was tied up and the other player got his hand and pretty much did anything he wants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad