Antoine Roussel Bites Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Why do you players do this kind of thing? Disgusting. 20 game suspension please.

Licking, biting. Where does it end?

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Come on Antoine Roussel, I could have gotten you actual Vlasic pickles to bite! Now you're likely getting at least a 5-game suspension for biting an opponent.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I hate Roussel as much as anyone, but considering Vlasic looked to be going for the hair/ear pull I'm wondering what he thought was going to happen there when the guys arms are restrained.

What a surprise, a Ducks fan making excuses for an opponent against the Sharks.

Face washes and ear noogies happen all the time in scrums. Guess what doesn't? Biting!

Get this f***ing trash out of the game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Seeing that clip its not difficult to understand why he bit the hand
Maybe watch what led up to the scrum. Rousell went after Vlasic down 4-0 with 40 seconds to go. Once Vlasic was finally able to start engaging Rousell the linesman got involved.

Hands get up in every scrum, and outside of another francophone punk, no one has bitten them.

Reactions: rynryn

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
If I stuck my hand in someone's mouth while fighting/arguing with them, I'd be surprised if I didn't get bitten. I have no idea why this principle, which anyone with common sense recognizes, isn't supposed to apply in hockey.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
If I stuck my hand in someone's mouth while fighting/arguing with them, I'd be surprised if I didn't get bitten. I have no idea why this principle, which anyone with common sense recognizes, isn't supposed to apply in hockey.

Seeing that Vlasic's hand was in fist I don't think he was in the process of trying to stick into Roussel's mouth. You can try it yourself at home , try fitting your fist into your mouth.

Reactions: FanSince72

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Seeing that Vlasic's hand was in fist I don't think he was in the process of trying to stick into Roussel's mouth. You can try it yourself at home , try fitting your fist into your mouth.
Possibly. In any case, people freak out just as much when a player gets bit after jamming his gloved fingers in another player's mouth.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Except hockey scrums aren't the real world, and Vlasic didn't put his hand in Rousell's mouth.

Reactions: FanSince72

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Meh.. pull my ear while my arms are restrained, maybe I will bite you too. Granted I never played organized hockey after high school besides rec, but I never had anyone pulling on my ears during scrums. Face wash, sure. That? No.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Except hockey scrums aren't the real world, and Vlasic didn't put his hand in Rousell's mouth.
In what sense aren't hockey scrums the real world? What specifically about them should engender a different response?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
In what sense aren't hockey scrums the real world? What specifically about them should engender a different response?
You're kidding, right?

Hockey players aren't kept to the same standards as regular people. Unless you're in a mutual combat state/province you get battery/assault charges, which is why 99% of people avoid confrontation as much as possible. Hockey is a game predicated on physicality and adrenaline. Fights and scrums are going to happen. That doesn't give Rousell an excuse to bite.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
You're kidding, right?

Hockey players aren't kept to the same standards as regular people. Unless you're in a mutual combat state/province you get battery/assault charges, which is why 99% of people avoid confrontation as much as possible. Hockey is a game predicated on physicality and adrenaline. Fights and scrums are going to happen. That doesn't give Rousell an excuse to bite.
How is this relevant? How does the fact that violence is sanctioned within a hockey game and discouraged elsewhere suggest that a player should be able to force his fingers into another player's mouth without the other player biting his fingers?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
How is this relevant? How does the fact that violence is sanctioned within a hockey game and discouraged elsewhere suggest that a player should be able to force his fingers into another player's mouth without the other player biting his fingers?
[mod]

Vlasic. Didn't. Put. His. Hand. In Rousell's. Mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
[mod]

Vlasic. Didn't. Put. His. Hand. In Rousell's. Mouth.
I'm aware of that. Should I conclude that you're okay with players biting the fingers of other players who jam rheir fingers into their mouths? If not, why not? What's the specific connection between violence being sanctioned differently within a sport and this particular form of violence being unacceptable?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad