Anticipated Cord Cutter Needs Lightning

BucsNBolts

May 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
What are the options for watching Tampa Bay Lighting games if you've cut the cord and only have internet and an over-the-air antenna? Using a Roku for steaming FYI. Haven't got rid of cable yet, but I am in the process.

I'm in the NHL blackout area, so no center ice unless I use a VPN. I've heard SlingTV has Fox Sun Sports. Will this work? My inlaws still have Brighthouse. So maybe I can login with their info somewhere and watch the games?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
*accessible as long as they have a cable or satellite provider

so you'd still need cable or direct tv...dunno if just internet thru....brighthouse... would work...unless I skipped a section which is possible

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think you have to have TV service with them. Internet isn't enough. I know for instance that it checks whether you have a given channel before letting you use their streaming service (BeIN Sports denies me access to their stream because I don't have the package that includes it, as an example).

But since BucsNBolts may have his inlaws Bright House login, it should work with that, provided they have TV service (Fox Sports Sun and Florida are standard package I think).

Chet

Apr 6, 2016
Tampa, FL
Isn't it crazy the stranglehold these cable companies have on the market place? "Cut the cord? No Lightning for you!"

BucsNBolts

May 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
I think you have to have TV service with them. Internet isn't enough. I know for instance that it checks whether you have a given channel before letting you use their streaming service (BeIN Sports denies me access to their stream because I don't have the package that includes it, as an example).

But since BucsNBolts may have his inlaws Bright House login, it should work with that, provided they have TV service (Fox Sports Sun and Florida are standard package I think).

Thanks! That should work for us. Guess we'll see for sure once the season starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad