Anthony Stewart waivers

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I think we should try to pick him up. Waive or trade Mursak and pick this big bruiser up. Obviously he'd be on our 4th line, but he's big and physical. I'm not sure why he was put on waivers after just being acquired, but it's worth a shot I think. Maybe put him on PP for net front presence.

Stewart- Abdelkader- Tootoo

Yea that's an amazing 4th line. Then we'd only need Helm back and maybe a big top 6 forward, and some defense and we'd be a cup contender again I feel.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
well its not an amazing forth line but at least we're moving in the right direction by adding guys with some character, toughness and some speed as well. We might be the slowest team in the NHL right now.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Brunner
Nyquist- Filppula- Franzen
Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson
Stewart- Abdelkader- Tootoo
Miller- Bertuzzi
Waive Eaves

Defense maybe make a trade involving Tatar for a tough big defensemen.

RedWingsNow*

ASSETS: Owns a huge frame, which he can use effectively in the corners. Finishes his checks and is tough and physically powerful. Skates well enough for a big man and packs a heavy shot. Is at his best when he barrels through and has his game-face on. Has untapped power forward potential.

FLAWS: Must continue to prove he can consistently score goals against the highest competition. Needs to keep his weight in check and must keep improving his overall game-to-game consistency, since he has a tendency to disappear for long stretches during the course of the season.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Physical, inconsistent but talented depth winger.

RedWingsNow*

Nyquist Datsyuk Stewart
Franzen Zetterberg Brunner
Tatar Flip Sammy
Abs Helm tootoo

How Babcock would do it:

Zetterberg Datsyuk Brunner
Franzen Flip Sammy
Cleary Helm Bertuzzi
Tootoo Abdelkader Stewart

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Probably worth a roll of the dice. He does bring a dimension we don't have in a BIG, really physical forward. Who knows, maybe Babcock is a coach who can bring the best out of Stewart? Seems like a low risk way to add something to the lineup (we have plenty of smaller bottom 6 guys who would be candidates to go to make room), and maybe he can play his way up the lines. I'd love for D or Z to have a legitimate PWF riding shotgun on their lines.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
Former 1st round pick, related to Chris (whom I've wanted on this team for quite some time)... sure, why not? Granted, we do already have an influx of depth forwards as it is, but at least he stands alone from the Emmerton's of the pack with some size and grit.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
So can we add him than put someone on wavier?

We have full roster(23 players) as is, do we get 24 hours to get back to 23 man or do we have to have a free roster spot to claim someone from waivers?

Tootoo - Abderkaer - Stewart maybe?

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan

We have full roster(23 players) as is, do we get 24 hours to get back to 23 man or do we have to have a free roster spot to claim someone from waivers?
We have to free a roster spot I'm sure, but I think Mursak being on the IR will put us at 22 for enough time to put Mursak on waivers or trade him. I'm not positive on everything though, so many injuries right now.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Tootoo - Abderkaer - Stewart maybe?

We could put a claim and if we get him, then we have to waive somebody else.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
We have to free a roster spot I'm sure, but I think Mursak being on the IR will put us at 22 for enough time to put Mursak on waivers or trade him. I'm not positive on everything though, so many injuries right now.

Mursak's spot is used by McCollum I think.

We could put a claim and if we get him, then we have to waive somebody else.

I see so 24 hours?

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
Just watched a few highlights, fights and interviews of him since I wasn't real familiar. Seems like a decent enough guy with a good head on his shoulders. If he's big and physical, I wouldn't mind them taking a shot with him. Having a guy like him could make everybody else play just a little bigger and tougher.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Not going to happen. Too radical of a move for Kenny...

I wouldn't mind it though.

RedWingsNow*

If we pick up a guy, and I don't care who it is, off of waivers and insert him on the first line this board will collapse.

Ah...
Like we lined up Brunner with Zetterbeg and Datsyuk and the board collapsed.

A guy isn't a first liner just because he's on the first line. I don't see Stewart getting PP time, too.

You have your two first liners out there and then you have a third guy out there to complement them. Stewart can be a bulldog out there, using size and strength to take defensemen to the net. And he's also got just enough skill to make it work.

If you take that same sort of mentality with line 2, that suddenly gives you the ability to roll a third skilled line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad