Anthony Stewart waivers

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
True and True.
But I'd like to waive Eaves and replace him with Stewart.

I wouldn't waive Eaves. We want someone who will be picked up by someone else. So we don't have too many contracts and end up having to buy out people when we don't have to.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I wouldn't waive Eaves. We want someone who will be picked up by someone else. So we don't have too many contracts and end up having to buy out people when we don't have to.

Mursak, Emmerton, and Miller are the only ones I see getting picked up. I'd rather keep Miller in case of injuries because he is useful on PK. Mursak and Emmerton are useless I feel. Speed is nice as long as you can stay on your skates

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
A 4th line of Abdelkader-Sheahan-Stewart would be pretty bad-ass. Won't happen but it's fun to imagine 'what if'.

That is fun to imagine. And it likely won't happen. But I do like the thought of him getting a fresh start in Detroit, and maybe his career gets back on track and he plays his way into the top 6.

As far as making room for Stewart, our 3rd/4th liners are generally a collection of similar and mediocre pieces (Helm and Tootoo aside) that I'd almost be fine with putting their names in a hat and just picking one to waive. Maybe they all draw straws in tonight's pre-game on FSD, have a paper-rock-scissors tourney, etc?

CloneHakanPlease*

Would love this. Still has pretty good potential to put up 30ish points a year, a big body, and from what I've seen a harder worker than his brother. It would never happen since Holland probably thinks Stewart and Tupac are the same person, but nice nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neon Phaneuf

Let the kids play
Apr 13, 2010
South Jersey
Would love this. It would never happen since Holland probably thinks Stewart and Tupac are the same person, but nice nonetheless.

Yeah but, isn't Tupac already on the team?

Tupac.jpg

pdd

Feb 7, 2010

I love the "I don't want to get rid of Eaves" sentiment.

Here's a fact. With everyone healthy, Eaves is not in the lineup. Eaves' cap hit is $1.2m and he's on the books next year also.

Do you want a 13th/14th forward making that much when the cap drops by $5.9m?

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I love the "I don't want to get rid of Eaves" sentiment.

Here's a fact. With everyone healthy, Eaves is not in the lineup. Eaves' cap hit is $1.2m and he's on the books next year also.

Do you want a 13th/14th forward making that much when the cap drops by $5.9m?

Ummm learn to READ?

When did I say I don't want to get rid of Eaves?
The problem is no one will claim Eaves with this injury history.
We need to get rid of a contract. Eaves getting waived and staying in minor doesn't clear contract from the 50 contract limit.

Did you read his reasoning?

Reading before talking isn't really given now a days on internet apparently

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wrong Stewart, never really been a very big fan of Anthony. Wouldn't absolutely hate it but don't really see the point. If they found a deal for Miller and Eaves fine, but they would have to claim him before knowing whether or not that is possible.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Make room for both Stewart and Vandermeer; if our bottom lines and D pair is going to be mediocre at best, then they better be tough as nails and do their best to make life miserable for opponents. It's time to get bigger and tougher, and create some room for our more talented forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->