Recalled/Assigned: Anthony Mantha

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Feel it in my bones, That Mantha scores his 1st NHL Goal tonight against the Panthers. At least i sure hope so.

I sure hope he scores in his 15:00 on the second line tonight. Same with Larkin on the top line. If they don't, maybe we can give them some of AA's time, since according to Blashill AA doesn't need a lot of ice time to make things happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Aug 6, 2012
I sure hope he scores in his 15:00 on the second line tonight. Same with Larkin on the top line. If they don't, maybe we can give them some of AA's time, since according to Blashill AA doesn't need a lot of ice time to make things happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Or we could just give him Helm/Richards/Glendening's ice time :laugh:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Mantha's game needs a lot of work still. He looks good with the puck on his stick in the o-zone, though.
He's made plenty of solid plays in the defensive zone too and generally makes the right 'simple' plays when needed (such as dumping the puck at time). Of course he needs work but he really doesn't look out of place as a Franzen-replacement so far. Once he gets comfortable he will start scoring on the chances he gets, and he's already had multiple good set-ups (including one he maybe should have gotten an assist on).

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Mantha's 1st NHL goal was a treat to watch. The interview with his Grandfather Pronovost beforehand, it was special night. With 2 points in 6 games he'd be on pace for 30 points.

I have high hopes for Mantha and am excited what he can do in a full season. I'm glad he's been chosen to play with Datsyuk, he should learn everything he can from the Magic Man. Kind of cool Larkin stays with Z and Mantha shadows Datsyuk.

It can't be coincidence Mantha was assigned the day after the Toronto loss. It had to have been a wake-up call for the Wings, I know it was for me. The youth injected into their lineup look really promising. They're actually a fun team to watch ATM. Holland I think has admitted the NHL is getting younger but has been hesitant to fully commit to/believe that some prospects may be ready earlier than imagined. He's desperate now and having to depend on more prospects to rise above is our only chance.

Obviously we spent too much time this season on Jurco and Pulkkinen. Next season the Wings can't over commit to any rookies. Cycle in all of our top prospects maybe someone stands out that we couldn't foresee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad