Friedman: Anthony Mantha wants to stay a Red Wing

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Needs a bridge contract for sure. Too risky to go LT yet and no league value as hes never produced much

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Needs a bridge contract for sure. Too risky to go LT yet and no league value as hes never produced much
No league value? PLENTY of teams would throw lots of money at him, a lot more than the Wings will end up paying him.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

The talent is clearly there, he's easy to project. Freak injuries are the main reason for his less than stellar production totals. There will be little concern signing him long term on the Wings behalf.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
No league value? PLENTY of teams would throw lots of money at him, a lot more than the Wings will end up paying him.

Based on...what? A 25 year old whose never scored more than 48 points in a season? He's also very inconsistent and puts up points in bunches and has droughts without production.

I like Mantha, but he's far from proven despite already being in his prime.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
The talent is clearly there, he's easy to project. Freak injuries are the main reason for his less than stellar production totals. There will be little concern signing him long term on the Wings behalf.

As long as Mantha doesn't get crazy with demands. If so, bridge and then LT or trade if still demanding too much (without equivalent production)

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Based on...what? A 25 year old whose never scored more than 48 points in a season? He's also very inconsistent and puts up points in bunches and has droughts without production.

I like Mantha, but he's far from proven despite already being in his prime.

I really shouldn't have to explain to you how games played affects points totals. My point still stands. He has very high league value, despite what you say.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad